POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Diabetes type 2 WARNING !!!

Discussion in 'Health and Legal Information' started by Vapertron, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Vapertron

Vapertron Postman

I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this before but here goes, l just went to my docs with headaches since l started vaping to find out if he could suggest anything and after a discussion about what l'm using he told me to stop using VG at once, l thought it being VEG glicerine it'd be ok but apparently not it's still a sugar and is playing hell with me, so l have to go on stinkies for a couple of days till the only pharmacy that can get it can order it in for me :(

• Like Like x 2
  2. World Vapers Alliance
  3. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Administrator Staff Member

Interesting info, thanks for sharing. I know I would never have connected the two.

4. Fad

Fad Postman

Yes, I wonder how that works...it might have a similar effect as the sugars, and it`s pretty quickly absorbed into the bloodstream via the lungs I suppose.

It certainly is sweet.

5. Komodo Vape
  6. http://www.wholisticresearch.com/shop/home/m/Shop/id/326/page/1/

Keep in mind... NHS doctors will (some of them) follow the NHS guidelines when it comes to vaping... They deny it is a safer alternative and are told to actively deter people from using them by any means possible.

#4 KulrMeStoopid, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thank Thank x 1
  7. Vapertron

Vapertron Postman

So if that's right why the headaches, l've reduced the nic twice so it's not that, l'll get a second opinion from another doc and then ask a pharmacist but not mention the vaping

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vapertron

Vapertron Postman

(Diabetics should avoid any extracts made with a vegetable glycerin base, since this is a very sweet
    substance! Also avoid artificial sweeteners as they are very toxic to the liver)

taken from
    http://www.ultimatehealing.com/diabetes.html

9. EthelKing

EthelKing Veteran

Hello Gav45 - I found this on t'internet, and it is specifically about PG and VG in the context of diabetes - hopefully it will be of use.

Cheers!

Lee

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vapertron

Vapertron Postman

Thanks Lee l'm utterly confused now, l'll give it a day or two and see if the head aches go, then try all pg mixes and see how l go :)

11. leisureliquids

leisureliquids Premium Vendor

Hi Gav, I suffer T2 and usually use 80/20 or 70/30 PG/VG, Due to the effectiveness of the medication I use, I don't normally test my blood unless I'm feeling unwell. I was a little concerned when I started vaping as lots of liquids come with warnings about diabetes but kept an eye on my levels by testing 3 times a day for the first few weeks. Personally, I can say that vaping has not affected my readings at all.

It's a good idea to keep testing yourself if you suspect it is having an impact. If you don't have a test kit, I have at least 10 new test kits here. If you or anyone else wants one to test, pm me your details and I can send one out free of charge if you want to pay postage (I used to test kits and got sent a few freebies!).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pedro1888

Pedro1888 Postman

Not so good but the part I don't get is stating you 'have' to go back on stinkies.

You don't really, there's plenty alternatives like gum, lozenges, inhalator etc.

Surely won't hurt until you're vaping again.

• Like Like x 1