What's new

Children and Families Bill (ie the smoking ban in cars with children)

robteifi

Postman
I'm surprised that I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere here yet.

It's a very scary bit of legislation, when you look at what it allows the Secretary of State for Health to do without consulting Parliament.

See http://velvetgloveironfist.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/no-matter-who-you-vote-for-public.html for Chris Snowdon's take on it.

The most worrying part is the part about tobacco products (note, not smoked tobacco products).

Don't forget that the EU is about to classify our vapes as tobacco products.

If you put the two bits of legislation together...

We're screwed :crying:

We'll just buy properly normally labelled juices & separate regulated nic, then mix it.

Scary legislation?

It's bloody stupid legislation because it's nigh-on unenforceable.

Shouldn't they be busy interviewing illegal immigrants for household chores or blaming someone for the rain or something?

Unenforceable? You obviously haven't encountered the latest form of police person. These are so fucking stupid, they make the McDonald's zit infested floor sweeper-come-burger flipper seem positively engaging. I used to always speak to plod I passed in the street, but no more as I got blanked regularly in recent times. These fuckwits will use the opportunity to nick people for smoking in their own cars as proof they're excellent police officers and should be promoted asap to the rank of chief-superintendent. I'm getting so severely pissed-off at this government and its insistence that we need protecting from ourselves, when the reality is it's THEM we need protected from. Grrrrrr

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

I never wear a seat belt, ever.

I reason that when I ride my bike I don't have a seat belt - never been stopped once.

It's a dumb law because it's trying to enforce common sense, you can't do that. If you're dumb enough, like me, not to wear a seat belt no legislation is going to make me do it.

The coppers I know aren't going to give themselves a ream of paperwork to fill in for hours because they caught someone smoking. It's not going to happen unless the person they stop gives them attitude.

And if it goes to court - do we really want to be throwing money away on the costs of a court case because someone is dumb enough to smoke with their kids in the car?

It's a law brought in to garner favour with Tory voters in the lead up to the election, as a fop to those who got their knickers in a twist over gay marriage and the fact that their duck pond in Datchet is now a duck lake.

It's a terrible law, a flagrant misuse of Parliamentary time.

The only thing that makes me weep though is the knowledge that Labour would have introduced something equally daft if the roles were reversed.

We have no representation in government, we are the disenfranchised and we've lost our voice - the voice of common sense and reason.

And I've no idea how we get it back.

I know how to get it back,but unfortunately they've made it illegal to buy a)fast attack plane & b)enough explosives & c)murdering politicians of any party(including Monster Raving Looney,though this bunch of fuckwits are too insane to even be allowed in that party)

If there's an answer then Monster Munch will have a part to play

The most obvious answer to the problem which they are avoiding at all costs?

BAN TOBACCO and allow VAPING :P

The most obvious answer to the problem which they are avoiding at all costs?

BAN TOBACCO and allow VAPING :P

We know this,but they have given all their pension pots to a number of Financial Institutions who have promised to grow it to keep pace with inflation.These Institutions have invested it in tobacco,as these commodities have always been awesome investments.If they were to ban tobacco,their platinum plated pensions will fall faster than a politician caught on tape calling old hags old hags.There is more chance me winning the lottery without a ticket,than the government banning tobacco.

Back
Top Bottom