What's new

Why is chinese customer service so bad?

MHL

Veteran
I've never known anything like it.

Trying to return anything to fasttech is like a haggling competition, even if it's totally broken or entirely the wrong product.

Aspire just don't reply, ever.

I really like those long thin Cthulhu Hastur drip tips, so when I was feeling flush I bought a small stash. (3 months ago - never arrived). I've contacted them about 12 times (messenger, email, their contact form) and only once received a response. I'm not an awkward customer, I only had 1 query before buying and 1 about the non-delivered order.

It really pisses me off, because I really like their stuff but this makes me resent doing business with them.

I'm partly ranting, partly wondering if there's a reason they're all so bad?

You're slating an entire nation based on 2 transactions out of 1.4 billion people ... ?
You'll be slamming the Germans next just because of 2 world wars and a holocaust.
Merkel will be shaking in her shoes ... oh, hang on ...

Ha ha, very true. I've also had a couple of issues with aspire (even though I think they ship from UK) and gearbest. But I guess 5 transactions isn't much more than 2.

But I look at is as 100% of my transactions.

I'd also be interested to hear if others have had similar experiences.

Ha ha, very true. I've also had a couple of issues with aspire (even though I think they ship from UK) and gearbest. But I guess 5 transactions isn't much more than 2.

But I look at is as 100% of my transactions.

I'd also be interested to hear if others have had similar experiences.
I buy from FT (and China in general) a lot. Firstly, I think you have to look at the 'sub-standard' customer service as part of the overall price. If they had to pay English-speaking staff round the clock then their prices wouldn't be as cheap as they are? If you want UK standard service, pay UK prices. To be fair, I have never had any Chinese seller then let me down, it might have taken ages, and it might have involved a fair bit of haggling (and with my Squid DB from 3FVape several hissy fits) ......... but they have always come good in the end. And also not required me to return the item, just send images or a video. :)

You cannot normally compete on price and service. As a manufacturer you have to pick one - and as a customer you do too.
To be fair, even in UK (and many other European countries) many companies have customer service ranging from lousy to outright outrageous, even though they have to be more pricey than Chinese competition.

I've always found Fasttech's CS to be quite good, they might make you jump through hoops at times but they'll get a replacement or replacement part out soon enough. They've never ignored me & will reply at about 2am unless it's a weekend & you'll have to wait 'til 2am Sunday

One tip, if you're getting no where with them, threaten a PayPal claim

I find buying off ebay way worse

I buy from FT (and China in general) a lot. Firstly, I think you have to look at the 'sub-standard' customer service as part of the overall price. If they had to pay English-speaking staff round the clock then their prices wouldn't be as cheap as they are? If you want UK standard service, pay UK prices. To be fair, I have never had any Chinese seller then let me down, it might have taken ages, and it might have involved a fair bit of haggling (and with my Squid DB from 3FVape several hissy fits) ......... but they have always come good in the end. And also not required me to return the item, just send images or a video. :)

I can accept that if you want the benefit of prices the other side of the world, you have to deal with the language / cultural barrier. And if I want it cheap, then I can't expect the company to spend a bomb on CS. But it goes beyond substandard CS to the point where I feel like I'm being taken for an idiot.

And I feel like their approach to cost reduction is just to argue / ignore as long as possible and hope that people give up. I find this attitude really frustrating.

You cannot normally compete on price and service. As a manufacturer you have to pick one - and as a customer you do too.
To be fair, even in UK (and many other European countries) many companies have customer service ranging from lousy to outright outrageous, even though they have to be more pricey than Chinese competition.

I've always found Fasttech's CS to be quite good, they might make you jump through hoops at times but they'll get a replacement or replacement part out soon enough. They've never ignored me & will reply at about 2am unless it's a weekend & you'll have to wait 'til 2am Sunday

One tip, if you're getting no where with them, threaten a PayPal claim

I find buying off ebay way worse

Agreed that customer service can be patchy everywhere. But personally I've never had a single good experience with Chinese CS, it's got to the point where I actually find ebay loads better!

Seems on balance, I've been unlucky, judging by all of your responses.

And I will of course continue to use them. :) They are very cheap, and they sell stuff you would never get anywhere else (e.g. replacement / alternative glasses for tanks). They also offer some great clones of equipment that I could never otherwise afford. And 95+% of the time transactions go well and they're very efficient.

I have to be honest, I feel that the customer service from the chinese sites I’ve used has been very good. The only bad customer service experiences I’ve had buying vape gear have been with british companies.

What is it that’s been happening that you’ve been disappointed with @MHL ? Are you using paypal for the transactions? If the service is that bad why not just claim a refund?

Back
Top Bottom