What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Why I went back to smoking

Vlaqko

Postman
Hello Apes,

I hope all is well. Last couple of months I'll wave the white flag and admit I've let my vape device/s collect dust. Why? I spend my summer holidays back home and it's £1.70 for a 20 pack. Most of the time I was either high or drunk and couldn't be bothered to 'maintain' vaping.

So smoking like crazy, I decided to get back into vaping when I returned but failed. Why? Well, I'm growing sick and tired of these coils. I have a Triton Mini, Subtank Mini and a TFV8 (Baby Beast or something like that) and my coils burn on all of them. I've taken every logical step I can possibly do for example, wash the tanks thoroughly, prime the coils before and after I fit it in the tank (I even waited 30 mins for it to soak up before first vape) and still I end up with burnt out coils on all 3 tanks.

The 0.7 and 1.8 coils used on the Triton Mini are rated at 15w-23w. I've vaped them at 9w and they burn out after a couple pulls or if I'm lucky an hour or two.
The Kanger coils are just as bad. They do last longer than the Triton coils but still very very poor considering a coil should last me a week. Whatever rating it recommends, I always vaped less than it.
Same with the TFV8 tank, recommended rating on the 0.15 is 30w+ and I've vaped it at 20w and still burned.

What am I possibly doing wrong?

All coils were juiced up on VV's Heisenberg and this here (https://www.ukecigstore.com/aqua-pure-ice-e-liquid.html)

All tanks run through my only mod, the eleaf Pico.

I'm getting sick and tired of smoking aswell.. I was having a cigarette whilst writing this thread and feel so sick now. I need a working vape soon.

Have you ever tried building coils? I find rebuildable tanks much more enjoyable, the coils last a lot longer, the experience is better, it’s far cheaper and it’s not as much hassle as people tend to think.

eta: I’d actually say it’s less hassle. I have 3 tanks or 4 in my rotation, coil and wick them once every week or two which takes less than half an hour total and they always work perfectly. I remember the hassle you describe when I was using stock coils, don’t think I could go back to it.

Good point MrDJ. you could try adding 15-20% water to the liquid to thin it a bit, lemzo.

Have you ever tried building coils? I find rebuildable tanks much more enjoyable, the coils last a lot longer, the experience is better, it’s far cheaper and it’s not as much hassle as people tend to think.

I did try to ''build'' coils. Ordered some pre-built coils for the RBA of the Subtank Mini but my patience ran out. I couldn't adjust the cotton and just gave up. All these other tanks are not for me as I don't want to carry a 50ml bottle on me and apply juice on the exposed cotton every 5 minutes. I'm a student, my finances are tight as it is.

hi and welcome back.

no info on their page on vg/pg but looking at this its 90vg so there is your problem https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/aqua-eliquid/pure-eliquid-by-aqua.html

1.8 coil needs 50/50
0.7 needs 70/30
a dripper needs 90vg and i dont know any coil that will take that thick juice.

Hey DJ, long time!

Yeah, I never knew the ratio of PG/VG on that.. makes me look like a fool now. How does it explain the problem I had with the TFV8 then? I had a 0.15 coil in there surely that should be able to handle the juice? Or maybe I'm just out of touch with how it works.

Good point MrDJ. you could try adding 15-20% water to the liquid to thin it a bit, lemzo.

Unfortunately I'm unable to open the bottle to put the water in. It's a 120ml bottle and I tried my hardest to open it.

not sure water would be the best thing but im no expert on that so best wait for others to explain.
if someone comes up of what to do and as you cant open the bottle how about squeezing it into another empty bottle. whatever you add it will slightly weeken the flavor taste.

no idea on the tfv8 as i tried it and sold it the next day, just wasnt for me as too airy.
i think those ccoils will handle 80/20 but not sure about 90/10 as the vg will just be too thick to soak up in the cotton.

The rba decks are often very small and difficult and fussy to build. I’m vaping a hussar clone at the minute which cost about $20 dollars from fasttech, I got this yesterday and sussed it out and built it in about 15 minutes, super easy to build and wick and I think it holds 6.5ml and I’m finding it to be one of the best tanks I’veused. A decent kayfun 5 clone can be had for less than a tenner and again, easy to get it running and will vape much better than any stock coil tank imo.

But if it’s not for you, MrDJ’s comment, and like I suggested 15-20% water to thin it, it should work. Distilled is best but boiled water will work. I hope you stick at it and manage to stay off the stinkers.

not sure water would be the best thing but im no expert on that so best wait for others to explain.
if someone comes up of what to do and as you cant open the bottle how about squeezing it into another empty bottle. whatever you add it will slightly weeken the flavor taste.

no idea on the tfv8 as i tried it and sold it the next day, just wasnt for me as too airy.
i think those ccoils will handle 80/20 but not sure about 90/10 as the vg will just be too thick to soak up in the cotton.

I’ve used 100% vg liquid with 20% water in eleaf tanks and a crown with stock coils and it worked with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom