What's new

Why has gp closed down?

It was the tooling cost that was prohibitive.
And that was using a supply chain i know in China. There is a thread on here where I posted all the design details, drawings and materials

Then the goon came out which kind of took the wind out of our sails a little!
It was a cracking design as well....

Thanks for replying. Thats a real pisser @pfvapes i'll look up the thread somewhere, but before I do was the wind knocked out of your sails cause they may have copied your design, or was it too close to yours to call individual. What ever reason, that was bad shit luck. Cause i'm nosey and so I and other people understand what these things cost to get off the ground, what was the tooling cost? Sorry for the interrogation like reply

It was the tooling cost that was prohibitive.
And that was using a supply chain i know in China. There is a thread on here where I posted all the design details, drawings and materials

Then the goon came out which kind of took the wind out of our sails a little!
Maybe it's time for a Heron PF mark 1.
[emoji6] [emoji6]

Thanks for replying. Thats a real pisser @pfvapes i'll look up the thread somewhere, but before I do was the wind knocked out of your sails cause they may have copied your design, or was it too close to yours to call individual. What ever reason, that was bad shit luck. Cause i'm nosey and so I and other people understand what these things cost to get off the ground, what was the tooling cost? Sorry for the interrogation like reply

I'd have to dig out the figures, but if you ignore packaging cost, assembly time and all the design hours & prototype costs

And then assume it was perfect first time round ( which it wouldn't be ) we would have had to sell 100 units at £50+ to break even

But the price breaks came at 500 units and I didn't have 25k to piss into the wind

The irony being I did just that with tpd and that hasn't exactly worked out lol

The design was similar in that it used cla

clamps for the coil, but crucially it was tool less with a small thumb wheel to compress the clamp, which was sleeved in aluminia ceramic

The other feature due to this was a huge variation possible in coils, again something the goon offered

So it went from something truly new with nothing at all like it, to having lost some of the USP

So I uploaded the full production drawings as open source in case someone wanted to try and make it

Since we were talking about this earlier on in the thread - Here's what I meant by service @Leni

IMG_0738.jpg

I'd have to dig out the figures, but if you ignore packaging cost, assembly time and all the design hours & prototype costs

And then assume it was perfect first time round ( which it wouldn't be ) we would have had to sell 100 units at £50+ to break even

But the price breaks came at 500 units and I didn't have 25k to piss into the wind

The irony being I did just that with tpd and that hasn't exactly worked out lol

The design was similar in that it used cla

clamps for the coil, but crucially it was tool less with a small thumb wheel to compress the clamp, which was sleeved in aluminia ceramic

The other feature due to this was a huge variation possible in coils, again something the goon offered

So it went from something truly new with nothing at all like it, to having lost some of the USP

So I uploaded the full production drawings as open source in case someone wanted to try and make it
Cheers Stu,
Gutted for you mate, if you had 25k to play with you would have, Thanks for the explanation

Back
Top Bottom