What's new

Why has gp closed down?

To be fair a lot of the “clone makers” actually produce there own drippers and tanks now....

China produces some phenomenal kit these days.

I’ve had high end tanks and if I’m being brutally honest I’ve got to say that I’ve been let down massively Time after time...

There is room in the market for high end or expensive kit, but it also has to be said that there isn’t the huge gap in difference in vape quality between top end tanks/atties like GP stuff, mid range tanks like the aromaniser by steamcrave or tanks at the lower price range like the frogman by @Vaptio or the drop by digiflavour.....

My own thoughts, and this is my own personal opinion, is that there is to much bollocks spouted about “high end” tanks being better then the cheaper alternatives...the snobbery attached to various groups (especially certain Facebook groups) about “no clones” is at best disingenuous, at worst it’s pure snobbery....
Yep, I get the snobbery bit, I hold my hands up and admit I was an ss mesh wick snob, til I adapted to cotton, now anything goes but one needs less replacing than the other. Even in cotton, certain makes get poo poo'd while others are revered religously, when it all comes down to individual preference. I'm currently squonking a strike 18 clone, cause the original can't be sourced anywhere. Agreed there is some high end stuff out there that to me is shit. My beserkers are as good as anything high end I've bought. I spose your talking about Eden mods regarding 'no clone', which iican sympathise with, or are their groups who have elected themselves elite vapers?
So this is what I learnt from input on this thread.
Why gp stopped producing? Greek economy and subtle business caveats. Eg cnc machining outsourced.
Why do really good atties stopped being made? success too great for individual to cope with. New born children also a factor.
Early doors Chinese clones were poor, now they ain't too bad or are really good, though some models duplicating the high end stuff still poor.
Chinese atty makers producing their own top notch stuff at much cheaper prices.
I think I need to start a new thread called what atties out of production would people wish were available to buy. Mtl, dtl, squonk the works. Then what I would suggest from all the weird and wonderful suggestions put forward, is to present the most popular, to the original makers and say' how about we manage the product for you? you'll get a cut of the proceeds, if there is anyaprofit but your vaping concept was too good a thing to stop making for the vaping community. Or is this a silly idea? If there is enough interest I think it would be worth taking seriously. And considering the dtl mtl poll reflected a 50/50 split of vaping I think it's worth exploring. Cause if the same question was polled on every vaping forum in Europe and USA... I wonder what the most popular makes that there were not made enough of will be?

Interesting, a lot of these stories follow similar patterns, a vaper has an idea, it takes over his life and pulls the plug. Wouldn't it be a perfect solution if they just outsourced the product. Rather than stopping them all together. Cause im guessing there are a lot of eager vapers still wanting the genuine thing. I'm not familiar with scarab mods but ubertoot I've heard was a rave. Cheers it's good to know the background.
I know that @pfvapes stu was all up for getting a dripper made....and it would have been a good one as well....but the cost was ridiculous

I know that @pfvapes stu was all up for getting a dripper made....and it would have been a good one as well....but the cost was ridiculous
Well there's one already, I wonder what it was, and how expensive is ridiculous?@pfvapes was it his own design or an original that he could not get hold of do you know?

Yep, I get the snobbery bit, I hold my hands up and admit I was an ss mesh wick snob, til I adapted to cotton, now anything goes but one needs less replacing than the other. Even in cotton, certain makes get poo poo'd while others are revered religously, when it all comes down to individual preference. I'm currently squonking a strike 18 clone, cause the original can't be sourced anywhere. Agreed there is some high end stuff out there that to me is shit. My beserkers are as good as anything high end I've bought. I spose your talking about Eden mods regarding 'no clone', which iican sympathise with, or are their groups who have elected themselves elite vapers?
So this is what I learnt from input on this thread.
Why gp stopped producing? Greek economy and subtle business caveats. Eg cnc machining outsourced.
Why do really good atties stopped being made? success too great for individual to cope with. New born children also a factor.
Early doors Chinese clones were poor, now they ain't too bad or are really good, though some models duplicating the high end stuff still poor.
Chinese atty makers producing their own top notch stuff at much cheaper prices.
I think I need to start a new thread called what atties out of production would people wish were available to buy. Mtl, dtl, squonk the works. Then what I would suggest from all the weird and wonderful suggestions put forward, is to present the most popular, to the original makers and say' how about we manage the product for you? you'll get a cut of the proceeds, if there is anyaprofit but your vaping concept was too good a thing to stop making for the vaping community. Or is this a silly idea? If there is enough interest I think it would be worth taking seriously. And considering the dtl mtl poll reflected a 50/50 split of vaping I think it's worth exploring. Cause if the same question was polled on every vaping forum in Europe and USA... I wonder what the most popular makes that there were not made enough of will be?

Well there's one already, I wonder what it was, and how expensive is ridiculous?@pfvapes was it his own design or an original that he could not get hold of do you know?
stu designed it from scratch

I spose for a one off the costs would be very high. Hopefully is been alerted by his name written, so may want to provide the ins and outs of it all.Stu would you like to share the story with us please?

Interesting, a lot of these stories follow similar patterns, a vaper has an idea, it takes over his life and pulls the plug. Wouldn't it be a perfect solution if they just outsourced the product. Rather than stopping them all together. Cause im guessing there are a lot of eager vapers still wanting the genuine thing. I'm not familiar with scarab mods but ubertoot I've heard was a rave. Cheers it's good to know the background.

Outsourcing is already starting to happen right? This is why we’ve started to see things like the Ares, Berzerker and the Serpent SMM. “Famous” vape people design things and collaborate with Chinese companies to release them.

I did not know it was so common tbh. The are i knew about but not beserker or smm, thanks

I did not know it was so common tbh. The are i knew about but not beserker or smm, thanks

There are plenty more. Just not ones I can remember off the top of my head. Aren’t the Releaux mods all designed by someone called JayBo (the designer of the tobh atty apparently) but manufactured by Wismec. And the Predator mod was designed by someone called sinuous designs in the US.

There are plenty more. Just not ones I can remember off the top of my head. Aren’t the Releaux mods all designed by someone called JayBo (the designer of the tobh atty apparently) but manufactured by Wismec. And the Predator mod was designed by someone called sinuous designs in the US.

Dead Rabbit, Bonza, The DJLsb one . yeah, all the jaybo stuff ... he theron or whatever it was called.,

Dead Rabbit, Bonza, The DJLsb one . yeah, all the jaybo stuff ... he theron or whatever it was called.,

It does seem to be the way things are going. It makes me a little nervous to see so much industry being switched to the Far East, as the implication seems to be that we’re losing the ability to manufacture locally as a consequence. Idealistically I’d like to hope there’s room for everyone in this industry.

Back
Top Bottom