What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Why do some influencers who used to be in the e-cigs industry no longer do it?

this is an interesting thread

I use both and have used many

in the vaping world though both are on the edge of extinction

I think the situation in America has really gutted the audience / market for reviewers. Seems like it's all on a downward spiral. But anyway, who want to watch reviews of pods and disposables?

Reviews can be quite time consuming and after a while it can start to get a bit stale. I try to write my reviews in the positive/neutral vein but that can be difficult with some of the less thrilling items we occasionally get sent and on a few occasions I’ve dropped reviews when items have been poor or on one occasion potentially dangerous... and no I won’t spill the beans on what that was! (the manufacturer got a detailed account of my reasons/thoughts)

Reviews can be quite time consuming and after a while it can start to get a bit stale. I try to write my reviews in the positive/neutral vein but that can be difficult with some of the less thrilling items we occasionally get sent and on a few occasions I’ve dropped reviews when items have been poor or on one occasion potentially dangerous... and no I won’t spill the beans on what that was! (the manufacturer got a detailed account of my reasons/thoughts)
Dropping a review because its going to be negative just goes to show yourself as a biased reviewer.
:28::58::28::58::28::58:

@zouzounaki says reviewers that play like this as an influencer.

@Mr Ripple Not necessarily, a couple of products that this has happened with have never made it to market or have been modified and an updated version shipped out presumably because the feedback from reviewers has been that bad! It doesn’t happen all that often and 99% of the stuff I get sent gets reviewed.

Not all my reviews are shining gushfests if I spot an issue I will point it out e.g. my review of the Hellvape Max rda pointed out that the airflow didn’t work properly, great so long as you wanted a fully open draw but if you wanted to restrict things then it was ass about face and you ended up with the airflow over to one side of your coils or hitting the cotton! (and yes that review did get published)

The item that I felt was potentially dangerous had detailed reports going back and forth with the manufacturer and I eventually said I wasn’t comfortable using it. This of course runs the risk of them spitting their dummy out and never sending anything out for review again.

Last edited:
@Mr Ripple Not necessarily, a couple of products that this has happened with have never made it to market or have been modified and an updated version shipped out presumably because the feedback from reviewers has been that bad! It doesn’t happen all that often and 99% of the stuff I get sent gets reviewed.

Not all my reviews are shining gushfests if I spot an issue I will point it out e.g. my review of the Hellvape Max rda pointed out that the airflow didn’t work properly, great so long as you wanted a fully open draw but if you wanted to restrict things then it was ass about face and you ended up with the airflow over to one side of your coils or hitting the cotton! (and yes that review did get published)

The item that I felt was potentially dangerous had detailed reports going back and forth with the manufacturer and I eventually said I wasn’t comfortable using it. This of course runs the risk of them spitting their dummy out and never sending anything out for review again.
What you're describing here is not reviewing it is beta testing.

Go #teamfreeshit , Call it like I see it, unless it's likely to threaten my freebies, lol

Go #teamfreeshit , Call it like I see it, unless it's likely to threaten my freebies, lol
Certainly looks that way.

If you look up "biased" in the dictionary it could read as.......
Careful what's said about the item being reviewed because I fear they might not send stuff to me anymore.

Or essentially allowing ones self to be swayed away from the negatives through fear of not being sent anymore stuff is providing a biased review.

Back
Top Bottom