What's new

Why do some influencers who used to be in the e-cigs industry no longer do it?

@Mr Ripple to clarify, i think my confusion has come from the fact the thread is about influencers, but the discussion is mostly referring to reviewers. i think it would be useful if we can establish the difference, if there is one, and if we can then we can consider why the confusion in the thread came about. :)

@Mr Ripple to clarify, i think my confusion has come from the fact the thread is about influencers, but the discussion is mostly referring to reviewers. i think it would be useful if we can establish the difference, if there is one, and if we can then we can consider why the confusion in the thread came about. :)
See what you mean now you put it like that!

I think it's really simple, influencers influence potential buyers, and have enough followers for that to make a difference, paid or not (but likely to get offered payment as the numbers are worth paying for).

A reviewer reviews, but what might make a 'reviewer' an 'influencer' is down to reach and numbers?

I think it's really simple, influencers influence potential buyers, and have enough followers for that to make a difference, paid or not (but likely to get offered payment as the numbers are worth paying for).

A reviewer reviews, but what might make a 'reviewer' an 'influencer' is down to reach and numbers?
Typical, it takes a woman to sort out the dilemma. Where would we be without them.

Reviewing and influencing... the art of public masturbation for the enlargement of one's ego or some other self-gratification.

Why are they disappearing? Maybe the parents want them out of the basement and into gainful employment. I don't think the artform comes with a pension-plan or any reasonable renumeration other than the cheap trinket that is the subject of the review.

It doesn't pay the bills that life has the nasty habit of throwing your way.

Reviewing and influencing... the art of public masturbation for the enlargement of one's ego or some other self-gratification.

Why are they disappearing? Maybe the parents want them out of the basement and into gainful employment. I don't think the artform comes with a pension-plan or any reasonable renumeration other than the cheap trinket that is the subject of the review.

I'm not so sure about all of them.
I remember the controversy surrounding Vic and his disability benefits when he first started, then he got burgled but managed to replace everything pretty sharpish.
He's now set up extremely well and living off his opinions but maybe he's an exception to the rule.

this might be a useful assessment method to come to an objective conclusion on what we think constitutes an influencer, a reviewer, and an influencer-reviewer. but how about people who self-identify as one or the other?

I've got a theory.

Pandemic hits, lockdowns ensue, travel not permitted, therefore Influencers found themselves unable to get out and about doing their "job".

I suspect many have found actual jobs when the influencer income and free shit ground to a halt.

Not true, as it goes. Influencers on social media can get paid per post by the brands they mention. With 50K+ followers they can chanrge around £200 (and up) per post.

:11:

Back
Top Bottom