What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Why do some influencers who used to be in the e-cigs industry no longer do it?

Could be a number of a million things...

Time and effort
Personal circumstances
Quality of new products may not interest certain people
I feel that sometimes YouTube reviewers are told or paid to say certain things, people may not want that

Suppose the list could go on all depends on the individual I suppose

Time and effort
Personal circumstances
I feel that sometimes YouTube reviewers are told or paid to say certain things, people may not want that

make sense.

Time and effort
Personal circumstances

I suppose it depends if we are talking about reviewers or influencers.

A reviewer, to me, is someone with skill in producing content giving an honest opinion on a product to help others.

An influencer is someone who manages to setup a social media account, requests free stuff then just spams free stuff everywhere with the hope of gaining more free stuff without giving a stuff about the actual product.

We are losing quality reviewers because of media companies (YouTube at moment) pushing the usual anti-Vaping agenda and removing their content.

We are losing influencers because… well honestly I don’t care!

Mostly the requests for an honest review, but then the constant harassment and abuse from said company if you don't actually like the product, or have any problems with it whatsoever....

My Influence really comes from POTV, you see members either saying an item is good or letting you know when it's a waste of money. I would say 90% of my stuff has been bought after another Ape has said how good something is. I used to rely on YouTube but now i just check the Forum or the Reviews that other Apes do and i am ok with how that works out. Shame most of the Reviews are now Pods but that's the way of the world, plus there are some damn good Pods and AIO's out there.

Back
Top Bottom