What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Why are mechs so awkward?

Tried again and maybe it’s because the tube is straight and smooth that I’m struggling but then I look at @John R tubes that are so shiny you can prob see them from space and I’m left baffled!

Tried again and maybe it’s because the tube is straight and smooth that I’m struggling but then I look at @John R tubes that are so shiny you can prob see them from space and I’m left baffled!
Maybe you're putting on much pressure, on the button. I too found the mod slipping, when I first tried it. A bit of experimenting reveals you don't need to be the Rock, every time up push it.

It can also depend on the strength of the spring/magnets in the switch.

I have a Vaperz Cloud X1 that had very strong magnets in the switch, which made it hard for me to push the button in, seeing as the tube was so smooth and slipped easily. I swapped them out for weaker magnets that made it far more comfortable to fire...

...but that caused the X1's infamous arcing to get worse, as the circuit was being closed and opened less "snappily".

So it can be mod dependent too. The Dreamer is a lot easier to fire, as is the DJV (even with the smooth sleeve that I often use on it instead of the knurled one).

An AV Able is also very easy to fire.

It can also depend on the strength of the spring/magnets in the switch.

I have a Vaperz Cloud X1 that had very strong magnets in the switch, which made it hard for me to push the button in, seeing as the tube was so smooth and slipped easily. I swapped them out for weaker magnets that made it far more comfortable to fire...

...but that caused the X1's infamous arcing to get worse, as the circuit was being closed and opened less "snappily".

So it can be mod dependent too. The Dreamer is a lot easier to fire, as is the DJV (even with the smooth sleeve that I often use on it instead of the knurled one).

An AV Able is also very easy to fire.
I suspected switch design may well play a part.

It is uncomfortable at first, I tried a few different ways, but it is worth sticking at it as you get a very good vape from a mech.

Back
Top Bottom