What's new

Why are mechs so awkward?

Arawn1975!

Achiever
Surely I can’t be the only one that finds mech tubes uncomfortable and awkward to fire?

Not all of them are awkward to hold. The Tauren mech mod is somewhat more comfortable to handle cause it has a cut out on the tube to allow it to sit between your thumb and index finger. Also has the added bonus of using a constant contact switch and uses a 21700 battery.

I suspect you might be, how the heck are you holding it and what is it?

Not all of them are awkward to hold. The Tauren mech mod is somewhat more comfortable to handle cause it has a cut out on the tube to allow it to sit between your thumb and index finger. Also has the added bonus of using a constant contact switch and uses a 21700 battery.
Lol. Beat me too it. The only problem I have is, it catches a ring I will never take off. Practice makes perfect, though.

I’m not talking about comfort it’s that switch on the bottom that No matter how I hold it seems to be in the wrong place! I just think I’m not meant to use mech tubes! Boxes are prob fine because they’re thumb or fore finger switches.

Surely I can’t be the only one that finds mech tubes uncomfortable and awkward to fire?
I thought that at first. Once you realise your not in a max button pressure competition. It starts to fall into place. Remember to use you third finger to press. I kept using my little finger and it wasn't happy about it. Lol
What mech are you trying?

Hold it like a giant pencil and fire it with your middle finger?.

Alternatively you could use the “snorkel” method: Hold it with a 5 finger grip and activate it with your thumb like a syringe. this will require you to hold the mod upside down, whilst holding it next to your face with the drip tip aligned to your lips. Tilt the head to approximately a 90 degree angle and toot away.
This method is not recommended for the beginner however and may result in a cricked neck unless prior stretching exercises were performed for a minimum of 5 minutes. Not recommended whilst walking, driving or riding a bike.

Last edited:
I’m trying the Limitless RDTA mech mod that I got from Iqon but even before putting coils in im not getting on with the bottom button so may as well put it back into a giveaway.

It took me quite a while to get comfortable with mechs, they aren't naturally ergonomic but you do get used to them

The only one i had trouble with the button is the Bonza dont matter if i use the spring or the magnets it they are both the same sometimes it fires sometimes it wont but the other tubes i use no problem fire every time.

Back
Top Bottom