What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Which Coils Do You Like Best

Little claptons 30/36, X 2 twisted and then helix twice with 30 NI80 all off it. Also stag fussed claptons, easy and quite quick to make. But Aliens all the way for everything, apart from the sodding time doing them!!
And try to go for 0.5ohm or above, for my likes
:)

Thanks! I've had people request MTL builds but as I vape exclusively DTL I've not been able to help. Your specs above look like a good starting point. Which of the two do you prefer by the way? I assume the 4 core require a bit more power and might take longer to ramp up but probably produce a bit more flavour?
What would you think the decor would be for them?

1634302145766.jpg
1634302313410.jpg
1634302145766.jpg
[

Great coils @mattc1. What gauge of wire do you use for your Core and Clapton. If you where just doing a Fused Clapton. I’m using 24g SS for the Core’s and 38g SS for the Clapton. But the ramp up time is to long. I tried 28g SS and 38g SS, but the coils seems very fragile but the ramp up time is instant. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
@Reggiec Different ones really mate, it really depends how I feel and what mod its going on. But if you want I nice quick ramp up I would try 2x26 and Clapton with 36, all NI80. Or if you wan instant go 3X30 and Clapton 38 NI80 again. Hope this helps and have fun bud :)

Sometimes I will use stainless 316L, But only for the Clapton side of it, but not that often as I get on with NI80 so well and its easy to work with, and keep your coils clean when re wicking.

Thanks a million @mattc1. I’ve just been using SS 24/38 but it is very thin the 38 is especially. I’m using my largest lens on my magnifying glasses Lol. So will get some NI80 and give that a bash using 26/36

Not a problem bud, when you start getting into the numbers of 38 and over they are really for using to wrap staple coils. Others will probably say they use it on duel claptons, but there is not need unless you start going into MTL Claptons and again I think there is no point with claptons and MTL :)

I like using what I consider to be 'mid sized' coils like Ni80 dual 26 core with 36 outer wrap, or triple 28 core wrapped in 38ga.

Generally I vape dual coil at 60 to 70 Watts so the big, low ohm wires like Aliens, Fraliens, Staggered Fused etc are wasted on me, and I couldn't afford the laundry bill if I used them on a mech.

I like using what I consider to be 'mid sized' coils like Ni80 dual 26 core with 36 outer wrap, or triple 28 core wrapped in 38ga.

Generally I vape dual coil at 60 to 70 Watts so the big, low ohm wires like Aliens, Fraliens, Staggered Fused etc are wasted on me, and I couldn't afford the laundry bill if I used them on a mech.
You would be surprised how easy a stag fused is, couple of three spins at them and you won't be too far off, hardest bit is getting the spaced Clapton bit all the same ;)

Any guides available for making these more exotic coils if I might put it that way. I can make simple coils from a single wire, but would like to try making some claptons and aliens etc.
Any help appreciated. What tools are best to use - any machines available to help?

Back
Top Bottom