What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Which Coils Do You Like Best

What spec micro alien do you use for MTL @Taz noble ?

3x32/40 n80 2.5mm 5.5 wraps, or I have micro 4core aliens @4x32/40 n80 0.45 5 wraps

Well thats what the containers say! I buy off a guy off Facebook going by the name doctors coils, always used him the last forever when I'm not messging around with my builds

3x32/40 n80 2.5mm 5.5 wraps, or I have micro 4core aliens @4x32/40 n80 0.45 5 wraps

Well thats what the containers say! I buy off a guy off Facebook going by the name doctors coils, always used him the last forever when I'm not messging around with my builds
Thanks! I've had people request MTL builds but as I vape exclusively DTL I've not been able to help. Your specs above look like a good starting point. Which of the two do you prefer by the way? I assume the 4 core require a bit more power and might take longer to ramp up but probably produce a bit more flavour?

Thanks! I've had people request MTL builds but as I vape exclusively DTL I've not been able to help. Your specs above look like a good starting point. Which of the two do you prefer by the way? I assume the 4 core require a bit more power and might take longer to ramp up but probably produce a bit more flavour?

Must say I've exclusively used the 4 cores in my bridges, its perfect for the smaller build decks but it still produces decent clouds and vapor.

The 3 cores are spot on for flavour but need to use them at a bit of a lower wattage

Slight slower ramp up time but it just works, whereas I've used a fair few different coils in my bridges which haven't come close..

The 4 cores are definitley a RDL, but can also run at a higher wattage in a high airflow situation and keep up well when wicked right

If you want to send me some for comparison feel free ;)

Lol, well I might actually take you up on that @Taz noble! I have no interest in MTL vaping but I’d like to know what makes a good MTL complex coil. If you’re up for being the guinea pig I’ll let you know when I’ve built a set to try.

Lol, well I might actually take you up on that @Taz noble! I have no interest in MTL vaping but I’d like to know what makes a good MTL complex coil. If you’re up for being the guinea pig I’ll let you know when I’ve built a set to try.

Sure thing dude!

I prefer kanthal claptons/fused claptons. With regular claptons I usually go with 26 core, 36 outer with 6 wraps of 3mm ID and fused claptons I prefer x2 28 core, 36-38 outer with 5 to 6 wraps around a 3mm ID. I typically go for mid to high resistances of 0.5 ohms or above.

I guess it really does depend on what type of vape you prefer with the whole mesh/coil trade off, having recently got myself a profile rdta I stuck the mesh in it first and it just isn't good enough for me, I like a warm dense flavourful vape and I just don't get it with mesh, took it out and popped a couple of fraliens in, 0.1 ohm crank it to 100 watts... Ahhh that's better haha
I love how different we all are and how what doesn't work for one is perfect for another... So I guess my answer to the original question is fraliens, well at the moment at least, I like the sound of staggered staple fused Clapton's though...

At the moment I'm loving this parallel clapton, .24 ohms I used 2x cores of 24g wrapped in 36g and parralled with a 24g all made using ni80

Attachments

• IMG20211011092656.jpg
    IMG20211011092656.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG20211011092609.jpg
    IMG20211011092609.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG20211011092708.jpg
    IMG20211011092708.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 37

Great to see your work guys @memzey and @Wolfgar It would be great to see a thread just on fellow vapers builds, So they can give out some vital information. I have just started building but any advice is more than welcome. Excellent coils though memzey and Wolfgar.

Back
Top Bottom