What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Where are all the 21700 mods?

SX Mini SL Class IMG_20200408_172619.jpg

Hmm, 21700's still been looking around and sorely tempted with the Lost Vape Grus - it's ticking almost all my boxes.
It's a bit on the big side - a good 10mm taller than an Armour Pro say, and wider and a touch deeper.

Will take big old 28/30mm atties - but then again, how much power do you want to chuck into a 27/30mm atty? Probably a lot, which kinda defeats the purpose of a single 21700 in a way.

It is on the other hand probabay the lovliest single 21700 out there IMO and no magnetic door either - which was on my checklist - but others may hate screw doors.

Is it portable? Hmm, that's where the hesitation in pulling the trigger lies - what is my use case first and foremost.
It's taller bulkier and 26g heavier than the likes of the Armour pro and weighs the same as a Cold Steel. It's not DNA, it's going to be a lump, but... it's a sexy lump.
Damn, I'm going to have to buy one.

https://lostvape.com/product-item/grus-mod/

Hmm, 21700's still been looking around and sorely tempted with the Lost Vape Grus - it's ticking almost all my boxes.
It's a bit on the big side - a good 10mm taller than an Armour Pro say, and wider and a touch deeper.

Will take big old 28/30mm atties - but then again, how much power do you want to chuck into a 27/30mm atty? Probably a lot, which kinda defeats the purpose of a single 21700 in a way.

It is on the other hand probabay the lovliest single 21700 out there IMO and no magnetic door either - which was on my checklist - but others may hate screw doors.

Is it portable? Hmm, that's where the hesitation in pulling the trigger lies - what is my use case first and foremost.
It's taller bulkier and 26g heavier than the likes of the Armour pro and weighs the same as a Cold Steel. It's not DNA, it's going to be a lump, but... it's a sexy lump.
Damn, I'm going to have to buy one.

https://lostvape.com/product-item/grus-mod/
Vaporesso is about to release a 21700 mod, an new model to replace the armour pro.

The odin mini is a little boxier than the armour pro, but it comes with a dna and non dna option

Vaporesso is about to release a 21700 mod, an new model to replace the armour pro.

The odin mini is a little boxier than the armour pro, but it comes with a dna and non dna option
Ooh, a new Armour Pro - thanks for the info.
Yeah I had a look at the Odins - a bit Bauhaus and boxy right enough, and a dodgy looking battery door on the Mini, redolent of the original Armour Pro's failing (though I fixed that with an o-ring - using it just now with a Gear on top!)

Surprised Lost Vape didn't stick even a DNA 60 in the Grus, suppose they cut cost somewhere, though by all accounts it has an adequate board as is.

If Vaporesso get shot of the tinted screen/make less tinted, but keep it as a firebar and stick a screw door on, I'm probably in.
Every chance with the door, as the flavour of the year is IP67 ratings and ruggedness and all that jazz.
Vaporesso released the Forz TX80 (18650) Aegis clone, so they already moved that way.

Maybe it will have elements of the Forz, but in a sexier, sleeker Armour Pro design.
It can't see them putting it in direct competition with the Forz though in terms of ruggedness - that would make the Forz somewhat redundant . oh well, I'll keep an eye out - cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20201113_152949.jpg
    IMG_20201113_152949.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 162
Second o-ring in 5 months, couldn't find one in my assorteds quite as small as the original fix (think the original was off an old 510 drip tip) but meh.. it works.
Since the fix it's been back in daily use and went from neglected and pristine, to a bit beaten up haha - got character now.

Original fix:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...t/threads/armour-pro-loose-door-fixed.194384/
mine started out midnight blue. A stripdown, paintstripper and a polish gave it a new lease of life. I didn't lacquer it so will go dull after a couple of months but a quick 5 min polish and its shiny again. Was my first mod so still kinda special to me.
IMG_20200918_155712.jpg

Ooh, a new Armour Pro - thanks for the info.
Yeah I had a look at the Odins - a bit Bauhaus and boxy right enough, and a dodgy looking battery door on the Mini, redolent of the original Armour Pro's failing (though I fixed that with an o-ring - using it just now with a Gear on top!)

Surprised Lost Vape didn't stick even a DNA 60 in the Grus, suppose they cut cost somewhere, though by all accounts it has an adequate board as is.

If Vaporesso get shot of the tinted screen/make less tinted, but keep it as a firebar and stick a screw door on, I'm probably in.
Every chance with the door, as the flavour of the year is IP67 ratings and ruggedness and all that jazz.
Vaporesso released the Forz TX80 (18650) Aegis clone, so they already moved that way.

Maybe it will have elements of the Forz, but in a sexier, sleeker Armour Pro design.
It can't see them putting it in direct competition with the Forz though in terms of ruggedness - that would make the Forz somewhat redundant . oh well, I'll keep an eye out - cheers.
Not a new armor pro, i worded that wrong. They are soon to release a single 21700 mod of some sort to replace the spot previously held by the armour pro.

I have no idea the form factor or anything. It may be a 21700 version of the forz.

Back
Top Bottom