What's new

Where are all the 21700 mods?

Single cell, Archer,
Dual cell, X217, Odin, Saga, Hadron, Evdilo
Triple cell, Rulebreaker
Squonk, Topside, Lite, SQ, Recurve

Just off the top of my head ;)

Indeed, but as I said in the OP they're mostly huge or pig-ugly

Yeah, there is plenty out there that I saw. A simple search with just a simple bit of patience unearths them. These day's, patience? :18:

Can't beat the smell of condescension in the morning eh? LOL

Feeling the need to clarify a bit because apparently I have a lack of patience, so, as I said in the OP, Dovpo did a good job with the Punisher at about 83x42x26mm..

2019 definitely had fewer options, especially if you want a dependable board - say DNA75c.

The Lost Vape Mirage was one of the few, 2018, but no longer made as far as I can tell, and the colourful back wasn't to everyone's taste.

• Vaporesso Armour Pro - 2018, looks nice, and Vaporesso isn't really known for reliability, I've personally had issues with them in the past but things could have changed.
  • Vandyvape Jackaroo - 2019, actually quite nice, I've had the pin constantly fall out of the battery cap, but it's actually comfy, not small, but pleasant to use
  • Bohr Chaser - 2019, I've not used, never heard of the company or board and they're professing a max 127w which doesn't inspire confidence. Can't say about quality but it 'could' feel super cheap and nasty in the hand, I'd like to hear feedback on that one.
  • Vaptio Vex 100 - 2019, basically a PWM(?) with a fuck-ugly display
  • Joytech Espion Solo - 2018, average looking joytech product
  • Asmodus Amighty - 2019, Touch screen which can be annoying, and carbon fibre can bog-off, I'm not a fan of the looks
  • EH Pro cold steel - 2019, rip off of the YiHi thing, unstable as balls on your desk
  • Smok Mag Grip - can just fuck right off
  • Hippovape Papua - 2019, but again really a PWM rather than fully regulated
  • Eleaf Pico 21700 - 2018, very popular design, old-school screen, wobbly button, crunchy thread

Regarding squonking, I only recently saw the Arctic Dolphin Anita, not sure how I missed that one a couple of years ago, but again, no longer made and only available at some china retailers, again, not small, but must admit that's one that I am thinking of purchasing, again not made any more which goes to my point of coming out 'before their time' so to speak.

Granted the Topside is available as a squonk and is regulated, but the SQ and recurve mentioned above aren't regulated.

On top of that, obviously you can get a custom mod made by Fyne Mods or Vapesmarter etc, and it'll be awesome, but particularly when using wood or hybrid materials, they have to be a bit on the larger side to maintain strength, and milling those materials to get them nice and thin also can make them brittle.
RNV do a fucking gorgeous mod, but, you will be trading a kidney to get it.

Duals are much of a muchness, but I will be purchasing the Evdilo because it was only recently that I found out it wasn't a normal 'minikin v2' shape. Also not a known board, but the price shows that, so it may be a pleasant offering - if only it didn't have the logo in bright white next to the firing button.

Anyway, my original post was talking about not many being released, and the amount of 2018 releases above shows that. Looks are subjective without a doubt, but when it comes to the singles I mentioned I really don't think many of them look that great.

Maybe I should have been more specific in the OP, but a DNA60 or DNA75c is a solid and popular board for a reason, we need more in single 21700 mods, we've got a handful of mods in the cheap tier with proprietary boards and that's cool, and we have the expensive custom stuff with whatever you want, but there doesn't seem much in-between maybe 70 - 130 quid price range with dependable boards and looking good.

Again, I'm not saying there aren't any mods, what I was asking was, where are the NEW 21700's, nice looking, and good ergonomics. Taste is obviously a big thing, but there hasn't really been much of a change or development in the larger battery mods, and when in 2019 you could easily get hold of the Samsungs, to me at least, it seems a shame that we've not seen more larger cell accomodation for newer mods.

Dicodes.

6DD24327-A828-4187-B3B3-5B2104856607.jpeg

Feeling the need to clarify a bit because apparently I have a lack of patience, so, as I said in the OP, Dovpo did a good job with the Punisher at about 83x42x26mm..

2019 definitely had fewer options, especially if you want a dependable board - say DNA75c.

The Lost Vape Mirage was one of the few, 2018, but no longer made as far as I can tell, and the colourful back wasn't to everyone's taste.

• Vaporesso Armour Pro - 2018, looks nice, and Vaporesso isn't really known for reliability, I've personally had issues with them in the past but things could have changed.
  • Vandyvape Jackaroo - 2019, actually quite nice, I've had the pin constantly fall out of the battery cap, but it's actually comfy, not small, but pleasant to use
  • Bohr Chaser - 2019, I've not used, never heard of the company or board and they're professing a max 127w which doesn't inspire confidence. Can't say about quality but it 'could' feel super cheap and nasty in the hand, I'd like to hear feedback on that one.
  • Asmodus Amighty - 2019, Touch screen which can be annoying, and carbon fibre can bog-off, I'm not a fan of the looks
  • EH Pro cold steel - 2019, rip off of the YiHi thing, unstable as balls on your desk
  • Eleaf Pico 21700 - 2018, very popular design, old-school screen, wobbly button, crunchy thread

Regarding squonking, I only recently saw the Arctic Dolphin Anita, not sure how I missed that one a couple of years ago, but again, no longer made and only available at some china retailers, again, not small, but must admit that's one that I am thinking of purchasing, again not made any more which goes to my point of coming out 'before their time' so to speak.

Granted the Topside is available as a squonk and is regulated, but the SQ and recurve mentioned above aren't regulated.

On top of that, obviously you can get a custom mod made by Fyne Mods or Vapesmarter etc, and it'll be awesome, but particularly when using wood or hybrid materials, they have to be a bit on the larger side to maintain strength, and milling those materials to get them nice and thin also can make them brittle.

Duals are much of a muchness, but I will be purchasing the Evdilo because it was only recently that I found out it wasn't a normal 'minikin v2' shape. Also not a known board, but the price shows that, so it may be a pleasant offering - if only it didn't have the logo in bright white next to the firing button.

Anyway, my original post was talking about not many being released, and the amount of 2018 releases above shows that. Looks are subjective without a doubt, but when it comes to the singles I mentioned I really don't think many of them look that great.

Maybe I should have been more specific in the OP, but a DNA60 or DNA75c is a solid and popular board for a reason, we need more in single 21700 mods, we've got a handful of mods in the cheap tier with proprietary boards and that's cool, and we have the expensive custom stuff with whatever you want, but there doesn't seem much in-between maybe 70 - 130 quid price range with dependable boards and looking good.

Again, I'm not saying there aren't any mods, what I was asking was, where are the NEW 21700's, nice looking, and good ergonomics. Taste is obviously a big thing, but there hasn't really been much of a change or development in the larger battery mods, and when in 2019 you could easily get hold of the Samsungs, to me at least, it seems a shame that we've not seen more larger cell accomodation for newer mods.
I didn't post that in reply to you as your quoting it implies. It was a response to Hornets post after he mentioned some mods then gave a wink. So don't make it look like that was an exchange between you and me.
This was my polite reply to "you" which you ignored.
I was browsing mods the other day and saw numerous single battery ones that could take 21700's in them. Some looked quite nice. The Asmodus does I reckon. Cant recall all the others and im not going to spend hours going back over it all to find them. Some are listed as 18650 but can also take 21700's in the fine print so that may be why they often slip under the radar when people look for them. People often just skim read in their hurry for quick everything and miss most of the details.
I quite like this one.
View attachment 209180

The ephro cold steel was excellent and very small but the fire switch could do with being a tad firmer. The armour pro was definitely my favourite. Compact and a great board.

I switched over to mostly 21700 mods last year. I was pleasantly surprised to find that a single battery can carry me through the entire work day at about 65w. Which is not bad considering I have plenty of opportunity to vape on work days.

The mirage was the only contender in the DNA 75c world as you say but it was thin as hell. Not up to lost vapes normal solid construction.
The 75c board really needs a 21700 in my little opinion, 18650 isn't quite enough.
we nearly had the hcigar 75c but only a few made it into the wild before evolve pulled the control of the board back. That was the nicest one so far.

The mirage was the only contender in the DNA 75c world as you say but it was thin as hell. Not up to lost vapes normal solid construction.
The 75c board really needs a 21700 in my little opinion, 18650 isn't quite enough.
we nearly had the hcigar 75c but only a few made it into the wild before evolve pulled the control of the board back. That was the nicest one so far.

Just twigged.
Last time I spoke to dovpo they had a forthcoming DNA75c up there sleeves. Are you tickling us.
If so.. Reveal, as noddy said to dave.

I changed over to dual 21700s from triple 18650s because triple 18650s are basically disappearing (IMO). Looking forward to more high quality 21700 mods.

Back
Top Bottom