What's new

Whats everybody's favorite custard liquid?

Just tested chefs virtual custard and I have a new favourite custard.
Interesting... Another one to try! I tried the one others in this post described as custard crack and i didn't think it was as good as the Welsh custard. All personal taste, obviously.

Interesting... Another one to try! I tried the one others in this post described as custard crack and i didn't think it was as good as the Welsh custard. All personal taste, obviously.

I like Welsh custard as well. I tend to alternate between captains and Welsh but I spotted virtual and thought a 10ml sample was worth a try. I got Angel blood at the same time and it's not bad for a strawberry custard but needs more steeping. Virtual custard is pretty good at 3 weeks. Looking forward to it when it's a bit older

I've got some bastard sauce on the go at the moment which is more of a caramel custard and I'm really enjoying it!

How does the virtual compare to the Welsh custard in your opinion?

Slightly sweeter and a bit creamier. I'm not sure if there's a hint of caramel or not. I need to try it again first thing in the morning

I've got some bastard sauce steeping too, as well as a selection from isle of custard and some callicustard. Gonna get some welsh and a few others from chefs in the near future, they seem well thought of so expecting good things.

I just got granted it's custard from bigjuice smells nice I'll post back in a few weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom