What's new

What did your Postie bring you today? - VAPE MAIL!

I'm not sure to be honest.
Well if it's not engraved, it must be printed, & having printed onto every media known to man, if it is printed, not etched or engraved, a metal polish will remove it, something like Autosol, plus, that won't scratch it.

Well if it's not engraved, it must be printed, & having printed onto every media known to man, if it is printed, not etched or engraved, a metal polish will remove it, something like Autosol, plus, that won't scratch it.
If it was etched or engraved, there would be some kind of texture difference wouldn't there? It feels as smooth as the rest of the base, I can't feel it there whatsoever.

If it was etched or engraved, there would be some kind of texture difference wouldn't there? It feels as smooth as the rest of the base, I can't feel it there whatsoever.
More likely screen printed, or alike. Just try rubbing it with any polish you may have, soft cloth. If it's a screening ink, it doesn't adhere too well anyway.
I polished a name off of some brake calipers I'd bought for a single speed bike I was building, took about 10 mins!

Shit dude, that's incredibly nice of you but you're going through Chemo, I couldn't ask you to do that or put you at risk like that either.

Looks engraved to me, last though, baking soda in a pot, rolling boil, 15 minutes, but remember to strip out all the plastic, including insulators.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't tell from the photo tbh?
He reckons he can barely feel the lettering, so I can only assume it's printed, plus the lettering looks pissed! Cup printing holders, especially if in China, always look a bit pissed.
If it is engraved, game over, no amount of polishing will remove it, without making the base weak or at least thinner.
Only other option at that font size, & lightness of type, would be acid etched.

Mind you, having been around s Chinese factory, who knows!?

We can't tell from the photo tbh?
He reckons he can barely feel the lettering, so I can only assume it's printed, plus the lettering looks pissed! Cup printing holders, especially if in China, always look a bit pissed.
If it is engraved, game over, no amount of polishing will remove it, without making the base weak or at least thinner.
Only other option at that font size, & lightness of type, would be acid etched.

Mind you, having been around s Chinese factory, who knows!?
Looks engraved to me, last though, baking soda in a pot, rolling boil, 15 minutes, but remember to strip out all the plastic.

I'll try the methods that won't cause any damage to the base, if nothing works, I've seen some unbranded replacement decks on Fasttech that I could always order and cannibalise. Thanks for all the suggestions guys :)

You'll be surprised how effective baking soda is, done it a few times to some clone mechs with cerakote on, lifted everything, including writing.

If you can't feel any indentation, it's obviously not engraved.
If it's printed onto stainless steel, it WILL come off.
Just try the least abrasive polish, then work your way up.
You could even use toothpaste, on a tissue to start.
I've taken printing off of polished, & brushed SS in the past.
I was in signage for over 30 years, only way for lettering that small and fine, to stay there, is engraved of acid etched.

I used a brass brush to take writing off glass tanks I bought, worked very well and didn't mark the glass.

Back
Top Bottom