What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Warning to all Ebay users.

BULLDOG1964

Legend
Just to let all no who use ebay to buy juices ebay are now told sellers that customers must provide age verify i tried to place a order today from a seller i trust and was told by email that they could no longer send my orders out unless i do age verify.
Thats all very well if you have a driving licence or passport which i dont i dont no if this includes hardware.
Another thing is the sellers are taking your money then tell you this so you will have to ask for a refund.

I have just spoken to ebay and they said that the seller had no right to ask this it is not the buyer that has to give verify of age the seller should contact ebay to verify the age of buyer.
Just thought i would let you all no if you do have any problems just tell the seller ebay will conform your age.

I had this when ordering some coils, I told them I was not happy putting my photo to an eBay seller and cancelled my order and got a refund.

Thanks @BULLDOG1964, I mostly make my own and the only other place I buy ejuice is Prime Vapes.
It's good to know though, some scroats will try anything.

This happened to me as well (but not via ebay). They wanted a scan of my passport or driving license to sell me some coils. This was demanded after payment via email from them.

I gently told them to ‘fuck off my and demands da refund. At which point they sent me the coils

This happened to me too. I was only told after I ordered and paid for coils. Told them forget it and give me a refund, they sent the coils. Have not bought anything vape related from Ebay since.

That sucks doing that to people. We dont have that happening here that I know of. Would not surprise ne if it did though.

I have just spoken to ebay and they said that the seller had no right to ask this it is not the buyer that has to give verify of age the seller should contact ebay to verify the age of buyer.
Just thought i would let you all no if you do have any problems just tell the seller ebay will conform your age.

Oddly though, eBay state that their policy is for sellers to provide "effective age verification procedures" on all age restricted products...

Oddly though, eBay state that their policy is for sellers to provide "effective age verification procedures" on all age restricted products...

Amazon are doing a similar thing too, but their sellers send things and you show proof of age on delivery. I had some coils from them today and they didn't ask for any ID when they delivered. When I ordered them they said they would need the ID when they delivered.

Back
Top Bottom