What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Wanna buy a vape, help please?

The op didn’t even say he doesn’t smoke, incidentally. Just that he doesn’t want nic in his snout liquid.

As well as i have smoked before i am trying to stop by vaping and i am thinking if that i get it with any nicotine i wont get addicted.

If you are currently a smoker then it might be best to use nicotine in your vape and reduce the levels gradually.

If you have given up and feel you need something like smoking to stop you going back to smoking then zero nicotine is a reasonable choice.

There are some good suggestions in this thread among the noise.

And welcome to The Planet :2thumbsup:

Hi Omid, welcome to the forum.

You will get some good advice here, and if you want to replicate smoking something like an Innokin T20 kit, a Jacvapour S22 or one of the many "pod" systems would be a good place to start.

The zeltu x pod system is my favourite, and is also the vape that is closest to the experience of smoking, for me.

As someone else said, if you are trying to stop smoking it is a good idea to get liquid with nicotine to help you avoid craving cigarettes, for a while at least, then see how you get on.

Also, if you only smoked occasionally i.e. you were a "social" smoker, and want to replace that with vaping, then zero nicotine will be fine.

I think you have to just try it and see with regard to the nicotine.

One of my best friends was a social smoker all his life (I've got him vaping now) he only smoked when he was out drinking and admittedly he is a drinker, far more than me... but he'd smoke 20 or even 30 marlboro reds in a night while he was out drinking, get up in the morning and not smoke until he went drinking again, which might be the next evening or a few days time. When I got him to switch we had to try a few different levels of nicotine. Because he could go days without smoking I always presumed that he wasn't really addicted to nicotine but he found with 0, 3 or 6mg it just wouldn't scratch the itch when he was out drinking and we had a few 'I bought some fags' moments in the first couple of weeks. Now he has two Joyetech ego Eco's one with 3mg to vape when he starts drinking at home and one with 18mg that he takes to the pub. ... it seems slightly bizarre to me but that's what he needed.

... anyway my point, we can offer advice on nicotine and nicotine levels but we are all different and we all have different lives that put us in different situations where me might need more or less nicotine than we might think. If you can quit smoking and quit nicotine at the same time then great, if not then use nicotine in your vape, if it stops you smoking that's the most important thing.

I think low nic is useful for people using high power cloud set ups. A fag is a fag, regardless of how many fags you smoke, your nicotine intake while you smoke the fag is the same as it is for a chain smoker. So a light smoker will simply vape less often, rather than vaping lower nic. This makes sense.

I think mtl gear needs nic. The throat hit from nic is essential to make the experience even close to smoking. But that’s just what I think.

As well as i have smoked before i am trying to stop by vaping and i am thinking if that i get it with any nicotine i wont get addicted.

Hi and thanks for the reply it has given us a better understanding. As a former smoker myself i found the 18mg nicotine was needed at first after a couple of weeks i dropped down to 12mg. I then switched from vaping like smoking to more power which meant bigger clouds and my nicotine level is now 3mg.
As a smoker you are a nicotine addict and vaping with no nicotine won't remove the cravings to smoke so i would aim to start with a higher strength and lower the Nicotine level over time. Maybe you will get to a point where you can kick the nicotine into touch or even quit vaping.

What to buy. Theres so much available today it can be a minefield for a new vaper. Personally i would buy something with a bit of power incase you want to change how you vape later on down the line. You could just do what most of us have done over time and buy something simple like a pod system to see how you get on with vaping. Do you have a budget of how much you wish to spend this will help others give you more ideas within your budget.
I hope my earlier comments didn't come across badly but i remember when i was young, I probably caused a fair few folks to take up smoking who where none smokers so i wouldn't want to encourage anyone who was a none smoker to take up vaping. I now know you are a smoker looking to quit which is excellent and you are on the best forum for help, advice and support which we all give you as and when needed.

You could get a juul, @mattyk2010 says his missus is getting on well with hers. Similar to the experience of smoking a fag, doesn’t even have a button.

I think low nic is useful for people using high power cloud set ups. A fag is a fag, regardless of how many fags you smoke, your nicotine intake while you smoke the fag is the same as it is for a chain smoker. So a light smoker will simply vape less often, rather than vaping lower nic. This makes sense.

I think mtl gear needs nic. The throat hit from nic is essential to make the experience even close to smoking. But that’s just what I think.

No, I totally agree.

..... unless you want to go from being a light smoker to a heavy vaper.

despite the fact I'm vaping 18mg at the moment I think I'm a lighter vaper than I was a smoker, I filled my 2ml tank up last night before I went out and I've just finished it off now. I like the fact I'm not always stressing for a vape, if I cut my nicotine I think that's exactly how I would be feeling a lot of the time.

Back
Top Bottom