POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaping - more addictive?!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cl123, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Cl123

Cl123 Initiate

Does anyone else find that they feel more addicted to vaping than they did cigarettes? I love my e cig and the different flavours and I can't get enough! It feels a stronger pull but I don't know if that's in my head?!

2. Discomatt

Discomatt Achiever

I often wonder this myself. I think the flavours, the kit and the hobby aspect for me make it very addictive. I do puff a lot but im at home all day (working from) so have little or no restriction on when I vape.

Another factor is I bought tobacco because I needed it. I buy Vape things because I "want" them and want to get the most out of them. Also with smoking you get a ciggie and smoke it and that's it. With vaping there's always a new thing to try, a different coil or temp to vape at, different builds etc.

However, when im busy, distracted or whatever I don't crave nicotine like I used to and will go much longer without it than before.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Cl123

Cl123 Initiate

Yes I'd agree that's probably the same for me! I'm off work at the minute and have been a while so I'm at home more so same less restricted but like you with distraction etc it's the same!

4. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

No. Compared to fags I find it hugely less addictive, in fact. I’ve noticed this since quite early on.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Simon G

Simon G Legend

Absolutely not, quite the opposite in fact.

That's not to say I don't enjoy it far more that smoking, because I do. I don't equate enjoyment with addiction though. The fact I can often go a few hours with vaping without any problem proves it to me.

I guess your view might depend on how addicted you were to smoking.

• Like Like x 5
  6. garth

garth Postman

I find that when I have it with me I use it all the time, its constantly in my hand ( oooer missus ) but if I cant use it, such as on a plane or in places its banned I don't miss it at all and don't get that "dying for a fag" feeling.

• Like Like x 3
  7. hol

hol Achiever

For me no, vaping is more a hobby and social thing for me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jimi76

jimi76 Postman

I'm going to have to say the opposite in my experience. When I smoked, I was on 3 roll ups a day and that was enough for me. Anymore than that, they did nothing for me and could make me feel a little ill. I did stop without much issue for 9 months but started again largely due to thinking I could just have the odd one down the pub and leave it there.

When vaping came along, I saw a way out. A way of being able to puff nicotine day in, day out, without the same health risks. I jumped on it and switched right away with no issue. Since this, I find I vape whenever the situation presents itself. It's always in my hand. I think if I ever tried or needed to quit, I would struggle a lot more than when I quit fags. My nicotine intake has obviously gone up in comparison as I enjoy vaping a lot more for reasons mentioned above. I can vape continuously all day without feeling side effects unlike fags whereby I could only stomach said amount. For me, vaping is more addictive.

Interesting subject that's made me think.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ReservedCBD

ReservedCBD Postman

I’ve been vaping for years & now can leave it at home and not be fussed, I just enjoy it, don’t feel like I must have it but enjoy the flavours and use.

On 3mg and I don’t get angry etc if I don’t have it :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. knome

knome Achiever

I'm more addicted to tea drinking than vaping.

Smoking cigarettes was a terrible itch that I scratched for a lifetime and I'm glad it's over thanks to vaping.

Edit... er... over the smoking... not the lifetime... I'm still here...

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1