What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vaping indoors

Sanj

Postman
Evening all,

After a bit of advice, with the evenings getting colder I was wondering if vaping inside with a window open would have any negative effect with a 3 year old asleep in his bedroom. I live in a fairly large flat and it's well ventilated, does vaping emit nicotine? Is this a complete no no?

Info on the net seems a bit sketchy due to not enough research etc.

Many thanks.

I wouldn't have an issue doing that myself.

I'm assuming you're not vaping in the same room- I don't think there'd be a problem if you're in a different room even if you didn't have the window open .
You'll probably see a sheen on the inside of your windows in Winter so you'd know if your clouds were travelling too far. However, I don't think exhaled e-liquid has any nicotine in.

Sit by a cracked window and blow it out. No way that can go wrong.
Or, bathroom with extractor fan going. Warmer and ever better.

There's no evidence that 'passive vaping' is harmful at all. .... but I agree I wouldn't vape in the same room but other than that, I wouldn't worry.

Kitchen extractor fan I was gonna say but bathroom shower fan will do I guess

if you are mtl or restricted dtl it should be ok anyway in another room
just leave the big clouds for outside or when little 'un ain't about

common sense really - no real high level of toxins vaping but don't mean chuck thick plumes up indoors
vapour is different to smoke as smoke tends to rise, vapour tends to sit at the level and sometimes seems to drop with the glycerin vapour being a bit denser I guess
Not toxic like fags but still don't wanna chuck great plumes up indoors around people and very young kids especially

Thanks all, he's in a different room down the hall, I'll keep the clouds to a minimum and blow directly out of the window, it's probably the most sensible way apart from going downstairs in the cold all the time.

I've often thought about building a vape cloud container/extractor machine... couple of tubes (maybe plastic drain pipe) ... some old PC fans ... some old 18650 batteries... some either washable or paper filters of the ends of the tube...

so it sucks the air in and through the filters to protect my babies... well err my electronics at least... and saves cleaning the windows so often!!

A cheap Aldi/argos dehumidifier does a good job too. As their sole purpose is to extract vapour/moisture from the air.

I've often thought about building a vape cloud container/extractor machine... couple of tubes (maybe plastic drain pipe) ... some old PC fans ... some old 18650 batteries... some either washable or paper filters of the ends of the tube...

so it sucks the air in and through the filters to protect my babies... well err my electronics at least... and saves cleaning the windows so often!!
Your too late mate,they did one on Blue Peter about a week ago...lol

Back
Top Bottom