What's new

Vaping in Egypt

fentribal

Postman
Hi,
I will be off to Egypt for a couple of weeks at the end of the month and was wondering how well received vaping is there and whether I could run into any problems if I whip out my mod! It all seems a bit of a grey area when I tried to research it, anyone with any experience of vaping in Egypt or knows if it is tolerated by the locals when tourists vape? Cheers in advance for your help

I have been to Egypt a lot on holiday and everywhere there are 'clouds' from shisha pipes and plenty of shisha bars....so a small cloud from a vape device will not be noticed at all. Besides, everyone smokes inside and outside in Egypt as tobacco is silly cheap

Egypt has shisha bars everywhere, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Best bet is to take it with you and ask a few of the Egyptians working at the hotel. I recall every single Egyptian I come across wanting to be nothing but helpful! Everyone there smokes too, so I'm sure you'll be fine!
Wonderful country! Enjoy!

I Vaped in Egypt and had no problems at all !!! I had a lot of attention from local shopkeepers wanting to trade stuff for my mod !!!

I vaped there no problem last year. The fecker at airport security stole all my juice on the way home though. Said it was because of the skull & crossbones on the bottles.

Wanker.

Hi @fentribal have a wonderful time!
So, where are you going?
Anyway, the official line is that it's illegal to sell any items with unknown health implications in Egypt, ergo selling Vape gear is illegal, but it's illegal in the very Egyptian way where nobody will stop you or bother you, at most they may try for a bribe if you happen to be smuggling in about 30-40 setups for sale on the black market. Apparently. Ahem, moving along!
Plus in Egypt it's very much a case of one rule for Egyptians, another rule for foreigners. They are shittier towards their own countrymen, us heathen foreigners they tend to leave us to it.
So, my advice would be to separate the mod and the tank, and if you're worried then put the mod in with computer gear and call it a charger if they bother to ask (which they probably won't).
Egypt has an immense smoking culture, so you can chuck your clouds around pretty much everywhere. Be aware of the fact that if people are even aware of vaping, they are convinced it is 1000 times worse for you than smoking. And may bore you with it at great length. And won't listen to anything you have to say.
If you go to a Shisha bar with your Vape gear, try and be respectful, it's like walking in to a Starbucks with your own cup of coffee, or a restaurant with your boots meal deal. A lot of places are quite cool about it, most don't know what it is, some are intrigued. But just be mindful, that's their livelihood, kind of thing.

I was in Cairo this weekend - you can vape and smoke anywhere. They were even OK about smoking in a bar in a 5* hotel. I saw some guys walking around with electronic shishas, looked a lot like a stacked mech with carpet on...

Back
Top Bottom