What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vaping after tooth extraction

OccultScientist

Administrator
Staff member
Well just had the back bottom tooth out and the nurse gave me all the no smoking for 24 hours...

What about vaping asks I? anybody got and anecdotes or advice?

Ewww...hope you're OK :). The reason for not smoking is due to the risk of dislodging the plug or blood clot - very, very painful. Same with vaping....it's the sucking action ;). Many carry on very gently but others have dislodged the plug and suffered the consequences. I think, if this does happen, someone suggested a piece of cotton wool soaked in clove oil to plug the gap or oragel (but be careful as it can numb everything in it's path :p .

FlamingKaty said:

:))
Thanks!
Good advice though. I've loosening my carto as much as I can and kind of just inhaling!
Fingers crossed should be ok :-s

Not smoking for a day or two after extraction can also help prevent "dry socket" - as Katy said, dislodging the clot and causing infection, inflammation and PAIN :((

I vaped carefully after an extraction with no consequences.

Might take it easy until tonight and then work my way back up I think. REALLY don't want a dry socket. Sounds terrible :ymalien:

This is probably the wrong thing to say but I had a tooth extraction and vaped as soon as I got home and had no problem... guess I was just lucky! But I did so very cannily and gently for fear of dry socket or dislodging anything.

Hey Starlight, yeah that's pretty much what I'm doing now. I've gone to a higher nic strength and holding it in longer. Less puffs, less pressure on the cart hopefully translates to less risk.

Just vape gently.

I always smoked after a tooth extraction, but once got a 'dry socket', whether from smoking or not.

''' You dont want that, it was more painfull than child birth... I told my wife and she agreed with me''' :ympeace:

But honestly, its quite rare so you should be fine.....

Back
Top Bottom