What's new

Vapeshell and Abyss

LordOdin

Veteran
I don't know what i am doing wrong so thought i would see if one of you kind people can help me out. I tried the Vapeshell in my first Abyss and it vaped very nice so thought i would put a build in my 2nd Abyss, i did everything the same as when i first tried it except i forgot to put the little airflow pin in. Result was it pissed juice out of the Abyss Airflow. Apart from forgetting to put the Airflow pin in i used 50/50 Liquid but i would of thought the Liquid wouldn't be a problem. I was going to try it in my BB but i have never had a problem with the shell in that so decided not to. I can't figure out what i have done different apart from the Airflow pin. Do you reckon it could be that ?. Any help as usual greatly appreciated.

The Abyss has a bigger tank and hence holds a larger volume of liquid and as such it needs exactly the opposite of what you’ve done (i.e. more generous cotton wick to restrict the liquid flow out of the RBA). When you forgot to install your pin, you gave a larger volume of liquid a large outlet. What you need to do is to be a tad more generous with the cotton and to install your pin.

What Tamer said basically. And, as a general rule, always use more wick with a 50/50 compared to a 70/30

Even the Gods at Atmizoo will tell you @LordOdin :) You really do need a Pin in the Shell AND The Snail, unless you're vaping at very high wattages.... and I do mean High!!
We always used the second largest Bore Pin in all or Shells and did the same with the Snails.
My new to me Classic Abyss arrived this morning and I am running the Shell in it. No problems at all, 0.65ohm Clapton at 16 Watts and it's going well, now the build has settled I am very happy with 15 Watts.
The only other thing that "might" be worth investigating is the O Ring in the bottom section of your Tank?

Thanks @Rob I don't know how i forgot the Airflow Pin, I had it in on my Onyx but probably took it out when i cleaned it and forgot to put it back, I will also check the O-Rings as well though they should be alright. I was beginning to think this post wasn't going to get any replies so thanks for taking the time.

Back
Top Bottom