What's new

VapeDroid on Fire!

There's literally no way of "properly" turning off a mod other than removing the batteries. Otherwise there's still going to have to be current running through the circuit in order to detect the 5 clicks you'll need to do to turn it back on - it's not like any of these regulated mods have proper mechanical on/off switches right.
true. was just strange for my first dna and it being on standby instead of what looks like off.

Yeah I've got a few of them - always buy from Fogstar :) I'm just super forgetful and constantly losing stuff. I'm gonna think on it and come up with a couple places tonight and then keep a note on my phone tho, never realised I should take them out!

It's not really that you should take them out, people don't disconnect their car battery when they aren't using their car ..... even my mate who's car burnt out because of an electrical fire.

It's just something you can do if you want to minimize the risk of you not being around in the event of a failure of some sort.

true. was just strange for my first dna and it being on standby instead of what looks like off.

I’ve grown to quite like the behaviour on my DNA’s. At least it doesn’t lull you into a false sense of security by pretending to be off.

There's literally no way of "properly" turning off a mod other than removing the batteries. Otherwise there's still going to have to be current running through the circuit in order to detect the 5 clicks you'll need to do to turn it back on - it's not like any of these regulated mods have proper mechanical on/off switches right.
There may be other ones, but the only regulated mods I know of that had separate mechanical on/off switches were the original Coolfire 4s.
This makes it kinda scary when you think about built in battery mods like my Eleaf ipower 80. The battery is soldered in, so cannot even be 'switched off' by removing the power source (battery).

I caught my smy sdna 200 a few weeks back. Was charging it and could see the sides of the mod where beginning to bulge. Mod was hot to the touch caught it just before the Lipo was about to go boom.
Really do have to be careful with any mod but particularly built in battery mods.
Not happy about replacing the lipo to be honest so I shall save the board for a project.

There may be other ones, but the only regulated mods I know of that had separate mechanical on/off switches were the original Coolfire 4s.
This makes it kinda scary when you think about built in battery mods like my Eleaf ipower 80. The battery is soldered in, so cannot even be 'switched off' by removing the power source (battery).

The Snowwolf mini plus is another .... I think that all built in battery mods should have really, even if it's just so you can turn it off in an autofire situation.

onoff.jpg

The Snowwolf mini plus is another .... I think that all built in battery mods should have really, even if it's just so you can turn it off in an autofire situation.

View attachment 153011
That's precisely the sort of situation I had in mind when I was saying it is kinda scary, but thinking about it, there are all sorts of other handheld devices with non removable built in batteries and no mechanical on/off switch such as my mobile phone or my tablet. I guess I will take the risk with all of them until they begin to get iffy, then just bin them at the first sign of them playing up.

Having had a mod smoke, which was frightening enough for me, only the mod in which im using will have a cell in it. I do contemplate taking the cell out at night. Havent done it yet but i do leave the mod sonewhere where it cant ignite anything else should it go up.

Always worth picking up something like a slate tile to put on a coffee table away from the walls and furnishings to put your mod /charger on if you leave it unattended. Better safe than sorry.

Always worth picking up something like a slate tile to put on a coffee table away from the walls and furnishings to put your mod /charger on if you leave it unattended. Better safe than sorry.
This is a good idea, I have a marble chopping board that my charger sits on just incase [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom