What's new

VapeDroid on Fire!

dean0

Postman
Bought the VapeDroid C2D1 last year from Gearbest. Never worked right, randomly make clicking noises (just ignored it). Last night the mod in my cupboard started alarming, WTF is that. It was extremely hot, with a burning smell, luckily I was home otherwise could have burnt my home down. Once cooled I opened the mod removing the 4 screws and the DNA board is burnt out. It appears that the positive wire was dry solder joint and broke free, explaining the problems I had from new.

I have built many of my own mods/electronics in the past and I don't know if I can really trust these mass produced Chinese mods, considering what a 18650 can do...
Well just emailed Gearbest and Vapedroid, lets see who reply's first!

Yn5jru3ShFRJyKWi2

Attachments

• 20180219_203201.jpg
    20180219_203201.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 355
ouch that was a close call lucky you were home. This is why i never leave batteries in a mod thats not in use.

is it true that all dna mods only go on standby after 5 clicks and cant be turned totally off.
ive only got 1 dna so not sure.

I believe they are always on, no way to turn off with removing batteries. Yep was a close call, left a small burn mark in my cupboard

I had a similar thing with a cheapo ohm meter from ft... i was using it at the time tho and it just went up in smoke... whipped the battery out and drowned it in the sink...

is it true that all dna mods only go on standby after 5 clicks and cant be turned totally off.
ive only got 1 dna so not sure.

that's true of most mods to be honest, they aren't really off as in the power is disconnected, they just go into a blank screen stand-by mode with locked buttons (other than the fire button which has to be live so you can 5 click to turn it 'on')

thanks Simon. i just thought it strange as accidently touching the fire button and the screen lights up so its not actually off like every other mod ive got. so even though locked there is a chance of somthing shorting like above which is strange in itself if sat in a cupboard.
could a standard mod that is turned off still have issues like above.

Anything that has a 'smart' on/off (5 clicks, remote control, key fob button) is not really off. Battery out is always the safest way.

Close call glad it wasn't worse.

Glad for you that you was home. Didn't realise how easy it is for something like this to happen. Reading the replies I've just taken batteries out my drag and charon and will do every night now

I don't really trust mods unless I've made them or taken them apart. I have an C1D2 that I'm selling at the moment. It had a lot of bad soldering and the firing switch on the daughter board needed replacing

Back
Top Bottom