What's new

USB's getting hot.

Used to leave stuff plugged in and unattended all the time. Not any more. If I hadn't been in the room when my 4 bay hub failed (as mentioned above by @mattyk2010) it would have done serious damage to one room at least and had I been out I may possibly have kissed my house goodbye.

A failing 13A to USB is a fire risk ...

@3dj if it's a xtar usb similar to the one @Mitz quotes (and the one I had) then maybe stop using it [emoji6]

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/183269/
It's not a charger or a hub.
It is like one of these.
d8a55b20-338e-460a-9dac-4e31d1b41fa5.jpg

A wall plate is still a transformer and should not and is not built to get hot so as AJT says and I would (get it checked) better safe than sorry ...

Stop using it

Use a computer like a laptop or a charger for a mod

The dna usb is a weak spot on the board

BooM and all that

Plus I will say

“You’ve fried the board you twat”

When you send it back to me .....

Hopefully mods will start to use usb c over usb b/micro in coming 12 months.....

ye olde usb b & micro usb has just one pair of power 5v gnd pins to recharge
usb c has 4 pairs enabling faster transfer of power/data to be transmitted
(plus plug it in anyway up - the pins are mirrored)

Of course faster transfer is dependent on leads used plus the circuitry/tracks on pcb
plus specification of device/battery being recharged etc......

These days we are getting more & more power crazy & more impatient when recharging
thus we want our shit recharged faster with more power surging through leads which weren't designed for it

I'd try to stagger "hungrier" devices than try to charger two greedy bastids at once if possible
say a mod & maybe a fone or something ??? than 2 greedy mods

ensure you use good quality leads, with thicker awg wires that can handle the power and recharge quicker
but be careful as the internals, the pcb tracks & device's power cell itself has its limits too

Braided Anker usb leads are highly regarded for whippy recharging
but be very careful you don't push the dated device that was really designed to be charged at 0.5a to 1.0a max

simply apply basic common sense until they update the usb connectors in the vaping industry....

DSqcE.png

Done you a handy picture @3dj pictorial type of affair

Just in case

B2042D89-7F34-4054-AAE4-216B77A3CF6F.jpeg

As a foot note I get these all the time off my son

Edit and I left the “r” off cooker so there you go I’m a fine one too talk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom