What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Understanding what battery to use?

The op was looking at two cells, one of them 10a.
If he tried to get 60w with that, and the safety circuits worked properly it would not fire.

You seem to think there is less strain on the cell when you fire at 60w on a regulated device than a mech.
The opposite is surely the case because the regulated device, introduces more inefficiencies and boosts the voltage to maintain the wattage as the cell voltage dops thus drawing more amps.

If it is not safe to use a particular cell for a given wattage on a mech then it is going to be under more strain at that wattage on a regulated, if it fires at all. Circuits do fail and regulated devices do burst into flames or explode. The circuit should be the last line of defence, not an excuse to use unsuitable cells.

Thanks for all the tips people. Just waiting for the misses to decide on her mod so I know how many batteries I need to order!

Why? Because it’s very bad advice. Some unsuspecting person might find this thread on a google search and follow your suggestion.

Did you edit it?

I'm afraid I agree I'm sorry even though I don't use aegis chips rob and me at stealth vape were talking about this the other day the humble DNA 75c will boost at 30amps just to give you that speed on watts just a pulse so to speak so a 25amp battery is working flat out

As others have stated, there are a lot of false claims on mah and amps. Stick with the known brands and buy from reputable places, such as fogstar which you are already looking at.

General rule, you can get 25-30amp capable 18650's but their capacity is small. High mah and high amp is not possible, you can only have one or the other.

Back
Top Bottom