What's new

Understanding what battery to use?

There’s a battery calculator on fogstar that can help you decide what’s safe.
Exactly what I was going to say. If you haven't seen it, you just enter how many your mod takes and the max wattage you'll ever use it at, and then it throws up the batteries they have that can safely handle what you want

You are not going to safely get 60w from a 10a cell whether it is regulated or not.
@ fleerider is talking pish.

So what about batteries such as the AWT 18650 BATTERY 3500MAH 35A?

High MAH and A? Or is that bad?!

So what about batteries such as the AWT 18650 BATTERY 3500MAH 35A?

High MAH and A? Or is that bad?!

The most important thing is to have enough amp rating for the watts you are going to use.
The higher the amp rating then the lower the mah you can expect.

The ratings above sound bogus.
It is unlikely that you will get 3500 mah from a 35a cell.

Lots of cells have bogus amp ratings.

Hence using trusted vendors that will sell you a cell without an inflated amp rating.
Use the fogstar calculator or watch Mooches videos and read his battery tests then decide.

Not sure there is a genuine 35a 18650 so probably the amp rating and mah are both bogus.

AWT battery is over rated , God knows whats under the wrap

You need the higher amp battery in the single cell device as you're vaping at 60w, the p28a is the battery for your needs

(AUGUST2 - will give you 20% off at fogstar this weekend as well)

My personal rule of thumb for regulated devices is 2.7 Watts per Amp, based on a device cutoff of 3V and efficiency of 90%. So for 60W on a single cell I would want a CDR of at least 22A.

Also, can't mention often enough... Ignore "Pulse" ratings - they have nothing to do with vaping and will give you dangerously unrealistic expectations.

Back
Top Bottom