What's new

TPD is not that bad..

With all the concerns about nicotine and the TPD I am just giving up nicotine. I have been slowly running down my stocks of nicotine based juice and replacing it with 0mg. I've hardly noticed the difference.

@Dripworx is one of the only vendors I've seen so far who makes it clear with their unibase mix.

50ml+10ml zero nic shot for 60ml 0nic.

50ml+10ml NIC shot for 60ml 3mg NIC

40ml overflavoured+2x10ml NIC shot for 60ml 6mg NIC.

@Chris K just make up your own 10ml nic shots with your 72mg nic and PG/VG if your are buying premade juice that require nic shots. They should all be made over flavoured. City of Fog for example supply a 40 ml bottle with a 15mg nic shot...G1 supplied a 25ml bottle with a 10mg nic shot. These are for 3mg juice.

@speedfreek67

All of the premium 50ml juice bottles I have bought from various vendors have had very clear info either at the point of sale or on the bottle regarding the fact that they are over-flavoured mixes designed to be used with nic shots. Buying a 'nic ready' juice is not the same as buying a 0mg juice and just chucking a nic shot in.

B&Ms are for new switchers ... those of us who TPD/TRPR-proofed ourselves won't be affected. Latecomers to DIY are just paying more for their nic than those who stocked up.
The first evidence of the real effect will be a decline in the numbers of smokers taking up vaping.
I don't think there will be a decline in new vapers
My local b+ms never stocked low cost small bottles of liquid until tpd forced them to
An example would be, when I first looked into Vaping I was looking at paying £15 minimum for a 30ml because they only stocked "premium quality" unless I wanted single flavor 18mg high pg, which came in at £4.99 a 10ml or 3 for 10, and was out classed by pound land flavors
Now its max £6 which for a new Vaper sounds more acceptable a gamble to test out Vaping

I don't think there will be a decline in new vapers
My local b+ms never stocked low cost small bottles of liquid until tpd forced them to
An example would be, when I first looked into Vaping I was looking at paying £15 minimum for a 30ml because they only stocked "premium quality" unless I wanted single flavor 18mg high pg, which came in at £4.99 a 10ml or 3 for 10, and was out classed by pound land flavors
Now its max £6 which for a new Vaper sounds more acceptable a gamble to test out Vaping
I think you'll find the TPD/TRPR affects many more aspects of vaping than the size of bottles.

I think you'll find the TPD/TRPR affects many more aspects of vaping than the size of bottles.
I'm well aware what it covers, I was referring to you saying it will reduce new users more
I was saying cost wise it's easier to go to a b+m now and not be offered stupidly expensive liquids as a new Vaper
I recently got an uncle to start Vaping instead of smoking ( he got chased off the fags by tpd sized packing) and large tanks even offered free was a straight up no, like the liquids most b+ms I visited had a huge range of big tanks but limited small options, great for those of us on low nic but not very attractive to some new users

That was the points I was meaning, I don't like tpd but there is some upsides

I'm well aware what it covers, I was referring to you saying it will reduce new users more
I was saying cost wise it's easier to go to a b+m now and not be offered stupidly expensive liquids as a new Vaper
I recently got an uncle to start Vaping instead of smoking ( he got chased off the fags by tpd sized packing) and large tanks even offered free was a straight up no, like the liquids most b+ms I visited had a huge range of big tanks but limited small options, great for those of us on low nic but not very attractive to some new users

That was the points I was meaning, I don't like tpd but there is some upsides
I understand your point and stand by what I said. Now we'll have to wait and see. :)

@speedfreek67

All of the premium 50ml juice bottles I have bought from various vendors have had very clear info either at the point of sale or on the bottle regarding the fact that they are over-flavoured mixes designed to be used with nic shots. Buying a 'nic ready' juice is not the same as buying a 0mg juice and just chucking a nic shot in.
Yes, I know that.

And yet I see vendors on here advertising large bottles juice with an optional NIC shot, and nowhere in the advert or on the page you order does it say whether they are overflavoured or not.

I even asked one vendor on here whether the juice they were advertising was ready to vape without adding anything - "yes" and whether it was overflavoured so it tastes right after adding a nic shot - "it is fine".

Back
Top Bottom