What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

TPD is not that bad..

VenomX

Achiever
Hi guys, as we all know tpd has kicked in. However we can still buy big bottles of liquid with a free shot of nicotine from some B & Ms, so it won't cost any more than it used to.. ( i picked up a 50ml bottle of blue slushy + 10ml of free nicotine for £15 )

Also we have onepoundeliquid which sounds like a great source for liquids.

you really have lost the plot :) the TPD is a PITA & £15.00 for 50ml rather you than me, i will stick with Darkstar bottle shots, 500ml of twister lolly £12.49 & 18 nicotine shots for £15.99 :D

I actually agree with Mr. X here - quite a lot of my favourite juices are now available in 50ml nic-ready bottles for £15ish quid, so after factoring in the cost of the nic shots, we're talking 60ml of premium juice for about £16-£18 quid. Seeing as most of these juices used to cost £15+ for 30ml, its a bargain if you ask me. Don't know what all the TPD fuss was about :14:

I've also got a couple of darkstar bottle shots and although the quality seems good and this is clearly the most economical way of buying juice for those of us that were not DIYing pre TPD, I like to switch flavours a lot (I don't have an 'all day vape') so I still want a good stock of different flavours in 60ml bottles.

I've been DIYing for years now so the TPD hasn't affected liquid for me in anyway, I stocked up on 72% Nic from Darkstar and have enough to last a good few years (Though Mrs isn't happy with room taken up in freezer!)

My concern was tank sizes, however last week received two new tanks, both well over the 2ml limit from FastTech with no issue at all. Suppose I can't walk into a B&M anymore and have a new tank the same day but if willing to wait, can get any tank I want for cheaper than a B&M anyway.

The TPD is going to hit B&Ms hard, I now have no reason at all to walk into a B&M and buy anything, they just have nothing I need. I'm sure Im not alone in this.

Hi guys, as we all know tpd has kicked in. However we can still buy big bottles of liquid with a free shot of nicotine from some B & Ms, so it won't cost any more than it used to.. ( i picked up a 50ml bottle of blue slushy + 10ml of free nicotine for £15 )

Also we have onepoundeliquid which sounds like a great source for liquids.

15 for how many ml

vanilla custard v1 100ml flav 9.99
500ml bottle 60p
10 nic shots 70p each
half litre of juice for pennys

Last edited:
Yeah I suppose the tank size thing is a pain, especially for people that are new to vaping and aren't likely to buy from China. I don't use tanks so I suppose I'm a bit ignorant of what has actually changed for people that are b&m shoppers.

B&Ms are for new switchers ... those of us who TPD/TRPR-proofed ourselves won't be affected. Latecomers to DIY are just paying more for their nic than those who stocked up.
The first evidence of the real effect will be a decline in the numbers of smokers taking up vaping.

Well your B&M that provides you with a nic shot will run into trouble if they get a mystery shopper. A business is not supposed to encourage you to add nicotine to your bottles of ejuice and by giving away a free shot with every ejuice purchased is doing just that. Now if a business sold a nic shot for the price they buy it in as (like my b&m) and say if you want to add a shot to your bottle then you can but not supposed to recommend it.

Yeah and there lies the problem. A lot of vendors seem to be selling bottles of 0mg ejuice, with the option of adding a nice shot if you want to.

Which means you can vape it without the nic shot.

Which means if you add 10ml of unflavoured NIC shot to 50ml of 0mg juice, you are diluting the flavour by a hefty amount.

Which means vendors should be selling the juice with extra flavour, and offering shots with either NIC in them, or no NIC in them to make sure the 60ml end result always has the same amount of flavour.

Which means vendors need to make this explicit in their adverts for juice and shots, as to whether it is overflavoured, or whether your adding NIC will water down the flavour.

But most of them don't tell you this.

Yeah and there lies the problem. A lot of vendors seem to be selling bottles of 0mg ejuice, with the option of adding a nice shot if you want to.

Which means you can vape it without the nic shot.

Which means if you add 10ml of unflavoured NIC shot to 50ml of 0mg juice, you are diluting the flavour by a hefty amount.

Which means vendors should be selling the juice with extra flavour, and offering shots with either NIC in them, or no NIC in them to make sure the 60ml end result always has the same amount of flavour.

Which means vendors need to make this explicit in their adverts for juice and shots, as to whether it is overflavoured, or whether your adding NIC will water down the flavour.

But most of them don't tell you this.

You have just described an exact problem I have having.

I fancy a bottle of Fantasi Apple, can't find a good clone recipe so want to try it myself and see if can recreate.

Now I can only find 55ml liquid in a 65ml bottle with a 10ml nic shot. I wouldn't use their nic shot as I know the quality of my nicotine is far higher and at 72% as opposed to 18%, I would only need 1.54ml of my own nic.

So does this mean it doesn't have enough of a dilute effect and the liquid will be too strong flavour? I will be paying the same amount for 56ml as someone else will be getting 65ml.

You can tell these ideas have been rushed through, they need to give the customer more information.

Back
Top Bottom