What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

This is IMPORTANT... Please Read

Aw bugger..i hadn't realised that. I know Ebay have made some payment changes in recent months, as had the emails from them. As a record collector..i do occasionally sell of any spare copies i acquire, and have done this via Ebay and the music discography website Discogs. I took a break from it last Autumn. But I'm getting ready to sell again....but now i'm having second thoughts. I don't like the idea of posting an item before receiving the payment. That's fine for retailers..but for small time amateurs...not so good. And i can't sell on Discogs anymore either, as they gone and done the same thing, streamlined their their platform with a new global shipping policy. Before one could set one's own postal fees and options. Bearing in mind that with Discogs a seller can potentially have custom from any country, it's was far easier to communicate with a buyer and sort out shipping arrangements on an individual basis. Now with this new system...setting it up is virtually impossible. One has to factor in shipping cost to every country in the world..multiple purchases options, weight of packages, different courier services and costs, which of the latter is very hard to work out, especially if items come with extras where the weight s are not accounted for their discogs listings. E.G tab books, posters, heavy gauge vinyl & heavyweight gate-fold sleeves, additional singles & Cds, special boxsets...and so on. For an amateur only selling a few items a year..it's just not worth the hassle of sitting down for hours on end going through the set up trying to get it all to work properly. So many member sellers just gave up when it came into effect last year. Now it just mainly commercial outlets and a few persistent medium volume sellers. It's practically killed it for the small volume amateur seller. Yet another company going corporate. If i didn't know better..I'd say all these silicon valley tech companies are competing with one another for fun! Who can make the most billions in one year!

It's all about money with these yanks isn't it? Capitalisation gone insane. I can see now why Biden is trying to get them to pay their fair share of taxes....but i don't think gunna get far on that front......he already lost the Facebook case didn't he?

I guess i'm gunna have to find another outlet then.....what's Gumtree like? I've never used them.

Like you say @Simon G...it used to fun back in the day.....but now it's all going corporate. About time for a revolution on capitalism.....mibbe?!

the shipping policies on discogs are easier than it appears at first. i just added the common shipping costs up to 2kg then added £500 for >2kg, as it doesn’t let you continue otherwise. but it has ruled o it some international sales as i’ve only got uk, eu and usa set up. can’t remember why but there was a complication with rest of world.

Last edited:
the shipping policies on discogs are easier than it appears at first. i just added the common shipping costs up to 2kg then added £500 for >2kg, as it doesn’t let you continue otherwise. but it has ruled o it some international sales as i’ve only got uk, eu and usa set up. can’t remember why but there was a complication with rest of world.

Okay...glad to see some can set it up....I tried to do it when it was coming in..and just couldn't get my head round it...just way too many factors to consider to get it work right. I'd set up one section fine..then do another bit..and it kept screwing everything up. I used to to sell to the same parts of the world also, plus oceanic countries....but costing out for each country plus the possibility of multiple purchases orders..just did my head in! Maybe i'll have another go at some point, when i'm in the right frame of mind for it!

Great info, to the point! I'll be using this as a reference when I hit 100!

Back
Top Bottom