What's new

This is IMPORTANT... Please Read

Even Ebay have dumped them as well...they're now paying directly into seller's bank account..cutting out PP entirely.

That's because ebay used to own paypal, and why they used to make sellers on ebay use it. but On January 31, 2018, eBay announced that "After the existing eBay-PayPal agreement ends in 2020, PayPal will remain a payment option for shoppers on eBay, but it won't be prominently featured ahead of debit and credit card options as it is today. PayPal will cease to process card payments for eBay at that time."

So they didn't really dump them as such, they just no longer own them and the agreed relationship between them expired. There's no benefit for ebay to continue using them ... where as before it used to make them money.

PP still always comes up as my first payment option when paying on eBay.

PP still always comes up as my first payment option when paying on eBay.

the payment is made to ebay, and they then pay the seller directly. sellers can’t receive the payment by paypal anymore. it’s a bit of a pain in the arse, as ebay take a few days to forward the payment.

the payment is made to ebay, and they then pay the seller directly. sellers can’t receive the payment by paypal anymore. it’s a bit of a pain in the arse, as ebay take a few days to forward the payment.
Whaaaat? Seriously? Haven't sold on eBay in a loooong time. That's BS but eBay is sooooo buyer oriented nowadays I wouldn't sell on there anyways. Too many other alternatives available now. eBay can swivel.

aye, it’s really shit. takes days for the money to transfer and they expect you to send the goods in the meantime.

it took me totally unawares, hadn’t sold on it for years, and recently listed some old music equipment i’ve not used in ages, and didn’t realise this was how it was working till payment time at the end of the listings. think it will be gumtree in future tbh. i can’t see how they won’t lose a lot of business because of it. think a lot of people will have the same reaction as me.

it took me totally unawares, hadn’t sold on it for years, and recently listed some old music equipment i’ve not used in ages, and didn’t realise this was how it was working till payment time at the end of the listings. think it will be gumtree in future tbh. i can’t see how they won’t lose a lot of business because of it. think a lot of people will have the same reaction as me.

Yeah it sucks selling on ebay now, it's been getting worse continually for about the last 5 years. It's just geared towards shops now. I've been using it since 2004 and back then it was really cool as a private seller. They've been trying to get away from that 'bootsale' vibe for ages though, so I don't think they care. There's more 'new' items on there than used these days... at least in the categories I look at.

Aw bugger..i hadn't realised that. I know Ebay have made some payment changes in recent months, as had the emails from them. As a record collector..i do occasionally sell of any spare copies i acquire, and have done this via Ebay and the music discography website Discogs. I took a break from it last Autumn. But I'm getting ready to sell again....but now i'm having second thoughts. I don't like the idea of posting an item before receiving the payment. That's fine for retailers..but for small time amateurs...not so good. And i can't sell on Discogs anymore either, as they gone and done the same thing, streamlined their their platform with a new global shipping policy. Before one could set one's own postal fees and options. Bearing in mind that with Discogs a seller can potentially have custom from any country, it's was far easier to communicate with a buyer and sort out shipping arrangements on an individual basis. Now with this new system...setting it up is virtually impossible. One has to factor in shipping cost to every country in the world..multiple purchases options, weight of packages, different courier services and costs, which of the latter is very hard to work out, especially if items come with extras where the weight s are not accounted for their discogs listings. E.G tab books, posters, heavy gauge vinyl & heavyweight gate-fold sleeves, additional singles & Cds, special boxsets...and so on. For an amateur only selling a few items a year..it's just not worth the hassle of sitting down for hours on end going through the set up trying to get it all to work properly. So many member sellers just gave up when it came into effect last year. Now it just mainly commercial outlets and a few persistent medium volume sellers. It's practically killed it for the small volume amateur seller. Yet another company going corporate. If i didn't know better..I'd say all these silicon valley tech companies are competing with one another for fun! Who can make the most billions in one year!

It's all about money with these yanks isn't it? Capitalisation gone insane. I can see now why Biden is trying to get them to pay their fair share of taxes....but i don't think gunna get far on that front......he already lost the Facebook case didn't he?

I guess i'm gunna have to find another outlet then.....what's Gumtree like? I've never used them.

Like you say @Simon G...it used to fun back in the day.....but now it's all going corporate. About time for a revolution on capitalism.....mibbe?!

Last edited:
Without PayPal as an option on Ebay might aswell go to the sellers shop/website direct if it's shop seller.

Back
Top Bottom