Vape Club
What's new

This is IMPORTANT... Please Read

Urgh great to see big tech telling us what we can and can't do again. I won't be using PayPal for any non vape related transactions either. Wonder what Stripes policy is on vaping these days.

Royal Flush Vape
Urgh great to see big tech telling us what we can and can't do again. I won't be using PayPal for any non vape related transactions either. Wonder what Stripes policy is on vaping these days.
no vape with stripe

Find it interesting that vapeclub is still running with paypal. Not sure if they are just lucky and haven't been caught yet or if PayPal are willing to turn a blind eye of the revenue is high enough.

AcmeFog
Find it interesting that vapeclub is still running with paypal. Not sure if they are just lucky and haven't been caught yet or if PayPal are willing to turn a blind eye of the revenue is high enough.
The cull seems to be on a break

I’ve heard no other retractions this week

it’s fricken bizarre

I bought some bits and pieces with PP this week, as if nothing had happened.

Weird how it's selectively enforced. Maybe we'll get a second wave. I would have thought FT et al would have pretty decent rev levels though.

Vape Superstore
I bought some bits and pieces with PP this week, as if nothing had happened.

Weird how it's selectively enforced. Maybe we'll get a second wave. I would have thought FT et al would have pretty decent rev levels though.
Tbh, I think American business is encouraged to penalize Chinese business wherever possible by Uncle Sam.
I know I used to see myself that parcels from China would be subject to excessive customs charges by ups or fed ex on every delivery but stuff id' receive from korea, Indonesia, Oz ect would rarely be checked or charged.
I used to ask for stuff to be sent via European based courier companies like DHL. If it did get stopped in a random check, the charge would be literally a tenth of the UPS / Fed ex charge.
May have nothing to do with it but the bias against China from America seems pretty obvious.
I do wonder if PayPal have been "persuaded" to punish a sector that is largely Chinese driven.

Tbh, I think American business is encouraged to penalize Chinese business wherever possible by Uncle Sam.
I know I used to see myself that parcels from China would be subject to excessive customs charges by ups or fed ex on every delivery but stuff id' receive from korea, Indonesia, Oz ect would rarely be checked or charged.
I used to ask for stuff to be sent via European based courier companies like DHL. If it did get stopped in a random check, the charge would be literally a tenth of the UPS / Fed ex charge.
May have nothing to do with it but the bias against China from America seems pretty obvious.
I do wonder if PayPal have been "persuaded" to punish a sector that is largely Chinese driven.
Doesn't sound beyond the realms of possibility.

Vape Green
Hi, been reading this with interest, as i have only just become aware of this development. My last order with Vjuice had to be paid via debit card, which i thought was odd, given that i used Paypal in the past, but now no longer an option. So now i know why.

However, a couple of questions if you please, i gather that it's vape vendors that are affected presently, but what of customers of vape products? Anybody who just buys vaping stuff with paypal had their account frozen yet? I have many transactions recorded on my PP account with vape companies, and i'm now concerned about this. I buy & sell vinyl records and thus keep a considerable sum of money in my PayPal account for this purpose. Thus am now wondering if i should transfer funds to my bank account now?

Also.....just in case my account does get frozen....what alternative reliable online payment services are there? I've never used anything else other than PayPal/Visa Debit. I've heard of Sage, but know nothing about them..and there is another one called Worldpay? What would folks recommend?

Last edited:
@Deaf Vaper Yes, my account has been Closed by PayPal. No warning, nothing. Investigations have thrown 2 major issues up that were hidden away in their T&Cs. Any fundraising activity using PP is a No, No. I did get as far as being told that this had been reported to them by an individual, NOT a Company, so it would seem someone took umbrage at not winning during our four Fundraisers run on POTV over the years. :(

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Back
Top Bottom