What's new

The Rise of Pod Systems

I've got one on the way for review, it uses the same 'eco' low output 1.85v constant output like my ego eco (which I really like) so I'm hopeful this will be as good.... and has heat or sunlight colour changing paint. :D ... I think that's the white/ pink version up there.

Hmmm 480 mah battery, that's a few hours of regular vaping for me. Does 1.85v output not feel under-powered? I'm confused by how Joyetech do it tbh :hmm: Oh, and I would not be going for pink, too girly for me ;)

Last edited:
Hmmm 480 mah battery, that's a few hours of regular vaping for me. Does 1.85v output not feel under-powered? I'm confused by howJoyetech do it tbh :hmm: Oh, and I would not be going for pink, too girly for me ;)

480 mAh at 3.7/4.2v would be a few hours, but this is only 1.85v, it doesn't feel under powered to me in the eco it uses a 0.5ohm coil for around 7-8w .. that how they do it. low voltage, low resistance, low wire mass. .. you won't be chucking clouds obviously but that's not what you want in these kind of devices is it? .. I do run 18mg in it though, so I'm not canning when I'm out.

Im reviewing a good chunk of the pods out there over the coming weeks.
Two more landed yesterday and right off the bat, one is junk.
I'll review that one next.

Its not too bad, similar vape to the Eco. Seems to wick a bit better but airer and flavour is knocked back a touch in comparison.

Nice feel in the hand and pods are well designed, but a little heavy.

ONE MINI - POD SYSTEM

https://vapegeek.co.uk/collections/pod-mod/products/one-mini-pod-mod

one_mini_pod.jpg

Last edited:
Its not too bad, similar vape to the Eco. Seems to wick a bit better but airer and flavour is knocked back a touch in comparison.

I got my Teros this morning ... put some Spiritwalker in it.

Definitely airier like you say but I love how it feels in the hand, smaller than I expected, I like the slightly heavier feel too ... I was quite surprised it was solid feeling metal and not plastic or like a thin aluminum.

I like the 'auto-draw' too, it's the first device I've had that does that. Overall I'm liking it so far. :)

Got a Teros today for review.
I like it. Solid feel, decent vape.
I'll post my thoughts in a few days.

The Kanger U Boat......Meh!

Just a quick review on the JWell La Carte:

https://vapegeek.co.uk/collections/pod-mod/products/jwell-la-carte

Pros:
1. It looks great
2. I love the leather sleeve
3. It's got a good weight to it
4. Has 2amp charging capability
5. Comfortable to use
6. Refillable pods!
7. Smooth airflow
8. Responsive switch

Cons:
1. By christ, it's supremely under-powered, even for a pod system.
2. The coil & wick is at the complete opposite end of the pod so a lot of flavour and vapor is lost while travelling to the mouth piece.
3. Requires at least 3 primer puffs to get it going.
4. Airflow is a little too loose for me.

Overall, it's a massive missed opportunity for me. If it had similar fire-power to the Mi-Pod, it would be an extremely nice device, but the looks, comfort, 2amp charging etc...are all just let down by how under-powered it feels. Bear in mind that I'm using 35mg salts, and I get zero throat hit or nicotine rush unless I chain vape it and take 3+ inhales, and even then it's not what I would call "satisfying". I'm going to try and grab some 45mg salts to see how I get on with that, but it's really disappointing at the moment. If you're limited to 20mg salts / 18mg freebase, i'd probably give it a hard miss unless they bring out some lower ohm coils (they are all currently 1.6ohm, which in a pod system, just doesn't feel anywhere near enough. I feel it would have made more sense to stick a 1ohm coil in there).

Just a quick review on the JWell La Carte:

https://vapegeek.co.uk/collections/pod-mod/products/jwell-la-carte

Pros:
1. It looks great
2. I love the leather sleeve
3. It's got a good weight to it
4. Has 2amp charging capability
5. Comfortable to use
6. Refillable pods!
7. Smooth airflow
8. Responsive switch

Cons:
1. By christ, it's supremely under-powered, even for a pod system.
2. The coil & wick is at the complete opposite end of the pod so a lot of flavour and vapor is lost while travelling to the mouth piece.
3. Requires at least 3 primer puffs to get it going.
4. Airflow is a little too loose for me.

Overall, it's a massive missed opportunity for me. If it had similar fire-power to the Mi-Pod, it would be an extremely nice device, but the looks, comfort, 2amp charging etc...are all just let down by how under-powered it feels. Bear in mind that I'm using 35mg salts, and I get zero throat hit or nicotine rush unless I chain vape it and take 3+ inhales, and even then it's not what I would call "satisfying". I'm going to try and grab some 45mg salts to see how I get on with that, but it's really disappointing at the moment. If you're limited to 20mg salts / 18mg freebase, i'd probably give it a hard miss unless they bring out some lower ohm coils (they are all currently 1.6ohm, which in a pod system, just doesn't feel anywhere near enough. I feel it would have made more sense to stick a 1ohm coil in there).

Thanks for the review, I'll give that one a miss.

Back
Top Bottom