What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

gabianovape87

Postman
Having just received my second Hotcig Taifun GT 2 and another coming in the post soon I am completely happy with where my vaping is right now. It seems for so long I was just just searching with no end in sight for a perfect vape which does not exist.

What has been the pleasant surprise is the return to more restricted flavourful vaping. It was a roller-coaster ride of every month a new atty coming out with bigger deck size and larger airflow and trying most of them, I was getting worn out. After winning a competition for a Sophia V2 my love for mouth to lung vaping emerged again and I don't think it really went I just got caught up with the new crazes.

I give the Taifun GT 2 a solid 9.5 out of 10. It wicks with 80 vg no problem, with exceptional flavour and just the right airflow for my natural vaping style. The KF4 is very good but the taifun gt gets the nod from me. On the list now I have to try is the Hurricane clone, Pico, Tilemahos and Calix. Have any of you lucky people owned all and if so what is your favourites?

If I have missed any out please let me know and I will try to get there sometime soon :)

I never got into mesh but will have a try on a Flash E vapour that is heading my way soon. Although I think it is just used feeding juice. Maybe I should try it out again sometime.

the Nextiny clone is spot on ;) once you get your build right and I was surprised by the fast tech Calix clone , a great vape ..... I badly want a genuine one now though :2thumbsup:

HA!! Coff Coff. Well one of us has been banging the drum regarding MTL for what seems like....... EVER.
I completely understand that this isn't what many are interested in and that's fine too. After all, whatever keeps us off the stinkies has to be a great thing! ;)

Gabs, you know my thoughts on all of this stuff, I am an ardent MTL Fan and have been exceptionally fortunate to have owned all of the RTAs you mention, plus a few more besides. My adoration of The Calix continues unabated, The V2 Base has transformed it from many people's perspective, mine included, but I happily admit that I still run a couple with the V1 Base as I love the look of it and know how to get around some of the "issues" which people reported.
The Tilemahos V2 is another cracker of an RTA. Very flavourful indeed, BUT, should you consider such a purchase, I'd recommend looking for a really nice used authentic. The Clones I have had have been good, but the real thing is so much better in terms of construction and usability. Easy to say when it isn't my money I know,but trust me on this one.

The Pico: What can I say? Flavour by the bucketful, stealthy as it can get and this time, save your money and get a quality Clone. They "can" be that good I assure you!
Now for the one that struck me as the biggest surprise. The Hurricane. You enjoy a TaifunGT2 :2thumbsup:, you "could" potentially fall foul of the same thing that caught me....... The Hurricane "appears" to be VERY similar in terms of the design of the deck? Well, once again I would have to say, "Trust Me on this", The Hurricane has the potential to blow the doors off the TaifunGT2 wicked with Cotton. Another flavour monster and such an easy build. CLONE all the way!! The Genuine ones QC is appalling and you get nothing in the way of spares. The decent Clones come with everything you'd expect and more.

Honourary mention MUST go to the Keyfun Mini V3 as well. If you like the V4, you will be stunned at the V3 I promise!

As @Jugg1es has said, "Mesh". Now I know that he is probably meaning something like the NextGen and The Nextiny etc, both of which are superb, BUT, do try a Mesh build in your TaifunGT2;) If you want flavour like never before..... that's how you find it! Strangely, Mesh in a Hurricane didn't work as well to my mind? But then I am an Old Fart, so it may well be that others may enjoy it.

In order of preference?
For ME (others views will vary greatly)
For Cotton
The Calix V1 and V2
The Kayfun Mini V3
The Pico
The Hurricane
The Tilemahos V2

For Mesh
The NextGen and Nextiny
The Calix V1 and V2
The TaifunGT2

Enjoy your researching, if I can help at all, either PM me, or look under the stone in that dark corner of the room. :D:D

It has been a pleasant surprise Rob. I very well know your love of MTL but perhaps you are missing something in that you have not rekindled a love of MTL and restricted vaping, so its all the more sweeter.

I am surprised to see the Kayfun 3 mini place so high up. It must be good that I ordered two that should be here any day huh? :)

That Calix is calling me I will get there sometime even if it was just to support Billie but I know from all the praise it will be something special so just got to bite the bullet and pay up when I get the chance. It looks beautiful too and looks do play a part when vaping for me sometimes. I mean the Kayfun 4 just looks clumsy and can take away from the great vape when I look at it.

I think the one's lined up for me are the Calix and Hurricane as the next purchases in the quest for MTL heaven. Pico will be ordered too as they seem ridiculously cheap, like the Taifun GT clones for what you get.

As always great advice and insight Rob :)

the Nextiny clone is spot on ;) once you get your build right and I was surprised by the fast tech Calix clone , a great vape ..... I badly want a genuine one now though :2thumbsup:

I was really tempted by this clone but I had a bad feeling that it would fall apart the minute I put juice in it with the special glue it uses. How is it holding up ??

I dusted off my Taifun GT2 off over the weekend after several months of neglect & have fallen back in love with it. The flavour & the airflow have me very pleased :2thumbsup: This isn't saying I've just come back to MTL, I almost always MTL vape on Kayfuns

I had a Pico arrive yesterday, I've yet to have a play but I'm looking forward to giving it a go after the praise @Rob gives it, it does look a very nice little atty.

I also have a Kayfun Mini & a Hurricane on it's way, so exciting times ahead :D

There are quite a few options around now, I am half tempted by a Calix but I have enough toys to play with for now

These are all clones by the way, I'm too tight for the real deal but they come with good reviews & recommendations from here

+1 for the hotcig GT2, great version of the GT2 IMO.

Loads of other suggestions to work through already, so along the lines of cotton and a GT2, mine would be a Ubertoot 2 (UT2) clone.

Argh!!!! "The Glue Debate". I believe I was actually one of the very first people in the UK to get the original V1 Calix. I have had 4 complete Glue failures, the last was only about 10 days ago.
I have been in dialogue with Billie about all of this since day one, so much so that my 4 are all winging their way back to Greece to be Guinea Pigs for the new Glue experiments.
I currently have 5 Calix running the V1 Tanks (which I adore from the aesthetic point of view) and 2 with the PMMA Tanks for the V2 (and more V2 Tanks on the way as another V1 is showing signs of imminent failure)

My problems have arisen from just good old over use :( My Calix Family are in constant use and it has taken its toll on the adhesive. Many people have other RTAs that they use in rotation with their Calix, they haven't had as many failures for this reason.
I really hoped that Billie would replicate "The Cage" Tank as an addition for The Calix, he has 4 different designs available, but sadly, to my eye, they haven't got that certain "something" that the original "The Cage had. This would of course solve all the problems I encountered at a stroke.

Work IS going on behind the scenes to rectify the adhesive issues, hopefully, sooner than later.:2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom