What's new

The POTV iOS App - bad news from Apple

junglist

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/news/2017-01-26_apple-rejects-vaping.html

Sorry to those of you waiting on an update to the iOS app which would have fixed some upload issues, fixed push notifications and would have put us in a good place to push on to the more recent tapatalk updates - but Apple have told us that they will not be allowing new apps that feature nicotine and tobacco content, nor will they be allowing updates to existing apps.

Have a look at the article for full details.

Bummer, but I guess it's to be expected, what a shame after all the hard work.

What the heck! it doesn't contain nicotine it is a forum, maybe we should lie and say we talk about electronic devices instead :P loophole

That is why I use Samsung! Apple are just too high and mighty for their own good.

Looks like we've been flung into the same category as tobacco/cigarettes, by the ignorant, again. Will this also affect the app on Android devices?

In that case Apple products should be classed as a poison. Apples contain cyanide.

Sent from my cyanide laden iPad.

Bummer, but I guess it's to be expected, what a shame after all the hard work.

No worries with the work, we do all sorts of stuff that doesn't work out or no-one notices it's been done. That life running a website. For me it is more galling that they are banning ecigs apps when there is no proof of harm yet they will happily allow alcohol and gambling apps. This is also a means of censorship IMO. Sucks to Apple.

Looks like we've been flung into the same category as tobacco/cigarettes, by the ignorant, again. Will this also affect the app on Android devices?

Nothing from Google about this happening on Android but if Apple do it then does it mean they have bowed to some kind of outside pressure? Could this happen with FB groups and Google Apps? Could do, but more than likely not. Probably just some doofus in the Apple team who leans a bit far to site of wanting to protect everyone and sees vaping as something bad. Would be nice to try and work out at what level this decision was made but TBH not enough hours in the day to go chasing that shit up.

Theyre just pissed off because vaping devices starting using only one port before they did, dumb cunts. I'm sure they'll be a work around of some sort with jail break

Back
Top Bottom