What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The New Abyss AIO from Suicide mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
The abyss is basically a better billet box in my opinion and I was getting the same style of vape from it as I did on my billet.

A big claim! I’ve heard more mixed reviews, I suppose- like everything with vaping - it comes down to personal choice in the end

A big claim! I’ve heard more mixed reviews, I suppose- like everything with vaping - it comes down to personal choice in the end
Like you say vaping is personal preference. For me the capacity, 21700 and properly adjustable airflow made it better in functionality than the billet although an original billet has a more solid construction and somewhat less moving parts. They are roughly the same size but the billet is lighter.

Like you say vaping is personal preference. For me the capacity, 21700 and properly adjustable airflow made it better in functionality than the billet although an original billet has a more solid construction and somewhat less moving parts. They are roughly the same size but the billet is lighter.
Ive never used either, but on paper its better than a billet to me because u can actually use real tanks on it in addition to bridges
As a side by side, the main thing it has going for it is the button placement.

I was really wanting to get the Abyss AIO for the innovation of using bridges (as I do not own any and wanted to dive into this vaping territory), and also using the SBS mode which is definitely a great additional option to have. However, coming down to the fact that if I am in the middle of a tank of juice with this and I need to swap out my battery I would have to take the tank off and risk the chance of flooding the entire tank to take that battery swivel door off, or I could just let the mod sit and charge it as is with the provided USB cable (not the greatest of options). I hope everyone here has an excellent time with this setup and hope that all the QC paid off for everyone's investment. I'll be waiting until the second rendition of the abyss comes out once they have tinkered all the kinks and bits out of this device so you won't have to sacrifice tanks dumping and glass breaking (user error could be a role but, I would have loved to have seen a spare Ultem or plastic tank in the first batch as an extra accessory). See you all on the flip side !!! :2thumbsup:

You don’t have to remove the tank to change the battery ;)
Spare glasses are now available as are a whole range of Tips, Buttons, Battery Covers (21700) and more stuff almost daily.
Certainly a very interesting mod offering considerable options for hardly a King’s Ransom :2thumbsup:

Did anyone catch Grimm Green’s vlog last week? His Abuss stopped working after it fell over on his worktop. He also had battery changing problems and don’t thing the battery could be removed without the tank coming apart. To be fair his was a prototype model however.

Most interesting to me was his view that the bridg’d doesn’t work as well as in his billet box.

We now have 3 of these, they suit the style of Mod we like and the flexibility they offer makes them a No Brainer FOR US, of course they won't be for everyone. :)
We both find that if we stand the Mod on a hard surface life becomes far easier when it comes to Battery Changing etc. All we do to remove the Battery Cap is Hold the Tank and Press down, whilst doing that Press down on the Battery Cap and spin that through 90 degrees and off it comes, remove Battery and then repeat process in reverse order. But, for us, Me with Jazz Hands, Carol with arthritic hands, we do need a Flat surface to work on to make life more straightforward.

Interestingly, whilst we don't use the Bridg'd, most of our bridges work better in the Abyss, so perhaps the Retail Versions have been improved upon since the prototypes?

We now have 3 of these, they suit the style of Mod we like and the flexibility they offer makes them a No Brainer FOR US, of course they won't be for everyone. :)

Interestingly, whilst we don't use the Bridg'd, most of our bridges work better in the Abyss, so perhaps the Retail Versions have been improved upon since the prototypes?

Ive definitely heard that the earlier versions had some issues but these were resolved for retail. GG is being sent a retail version so it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on with it.

On the Bridg’d I guess it comes down to personal taste as others have said their bridges perform better in the Abyss. I’m tempted, I must admit, to buy one and if I don’t like it move it on...

I wanted one of these really badly, but all of it's cons are things that I know would really annoy me.

I discovered the Supbox dna60 yesterday, which from my very limited research appears to do pretty much everything the Abyss does and doesn't have any of the Abyss' cons. it's also cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom