What's new

The New Abyss AIO from Suicide mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt about that @fentribal, it’s been a good marketed campaign by the makers. But I’d argue that it’s the innovation that really matters. Let’s face it, how much hype could even the smartest marketing strategy build for a new pod or RTA?

Where the abyss wins is that is moves things forward. It solves a ‘problem’ or various problems that vapers find useful. It’s one of those rare moments where we all go, ‘there is a good idea’. Add in good aesthetics and a price that’s competitive (certainly in comparison to a genuine Billet Box) and as you say a good marketing strategy and the hype train can leave the station!

Fair play to them I say, but before I buy one I still want to know how it performs and the user experience.

I can agree with everything said thus far, but..... There are a couple of minor problems that I'll wait to be sorted, then.... I can see one if not two of these coming in and a Couple of BBs going.
This is purely so that Carol and I can do yet more Future Proofing for when the days roll round where the tremors make rebuilding impossible.
That said..... I know of two owners whose opinions I totally trust, both have experienced the same problems and all credit to the designers, they are on top of it all and are readily available to give assistance, so a massive bonus in my eyes.

Wait !!!
Few fixes are being sorted out as we speak, so I’d hang on for a couple of weeks and then see what people are saying.
What are the fixes being made please @Rob? I mean some tougher glass would have been nice for a start :ape: I've never cracked a tank before, especially just trying to open the thing!

The major ones "appear" to be..........
A workaround for the gap between the top of the Tank and the Top Plate on the Mod.
Better quality hex screws especially on the Fire Button Plate.
There have been reported issues with the Tank itself.
A modification being done to SBS Mode. It seems that "some" don't like the fact that screws are visible when the Battery Cap is used as opposed to the Top Plates?

The major ones "appear" to be..........
A workaround for the gap between the top of the Tank and the Top Plate on the Mod.
Better quality hex screws especially on the Fire Button Plate.
There have been reported issues with the Tank itself.
A modification being done to SBS Mode. It seems that "some" don't like the fact that screws are visible when the Battery Cap is used as opposed to the Top Plates?
Nothing of major concern then. As long as the tank holds up to scrutiny I'll be happy. If not then two subs mods it is.

For what it's worth.....
The Tank issues have ALL been User Error. :18::18::18:

giphy.gif

Bullet dodged

giphy.gif

I thought that at first, but there isn't any instruction on opening up the tank. It's rubber sealed at the bottom. It's designed to be opened right? Glass shouldn't break THAT easily.

I was really excited for this device but as few users have said that the draw is not tight so that's a big let down, what's the point of having so many different coils option when you can't even have a tight mtl draw, it would have been the best aio if I were to use pnp, nautilus, nord and caliburn g coils with a tight mtl draw, really don't understand why most manufacturers can't provide a true mtl draw, do they think everyone is ok with a loose mtl?
The only other good thing is bb/boro bridges compatibility but I am much less excited about this now. But if there is a way to achieve a tight mtl on this then I would buy this as soon as it's available.

I was really excited for this device but as few users have said that the draw is not tight so that's a big let down, what's the point of having so many different coils option when you can't even have a tight mtl draw, it would have been the best aio if I were to use pnp, nautilus, nord and caliburn g coils with a tight mtl draw, really don't understand why most manufacturers can't provide a true mtl draw, do they think everyone is ok with a loose mtl?
The only other good thing is bb/boro bridges compatibility but I am much less excited about this now. But if there is a way to achieve a tight mtl on this then I would buy this as soon as it's available.

Yep, this is my concern too. I’m not that fussed about a ‘true MTL’ draw because I don’t MTL much and when I do I like an airy draw. But given the fact you’d be running Billet Box bridges, a SBS plus your favourite pod/AIO coils you need the airflow to be on point and versatile enough for a myriad of different types of draw.

On the plus side if everyone is buying this and selling their Billet Box’s I might be able to add to my collection!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom