What's new

The mesh in the classical RTA

That's what I thought, but I've not tried it so wasn't sure. I have seen people mix mesh and cotton, but not for the reasons the OP says they're doing it? I guess it might take longer to heat up?
If your coil was ni80 or SS and mesh was kanthal then yeah it would take longer to heat the mesh but the vape wouldn't be the same at the power level you wanted and you could achieve the same results using just cotton and turning the power down but if the mesh is the same metal as the coil then the difference would be negligible at best I would have thought but I've got nothing to do (other than getting drunk) so I'll get a build put together to test the theory [emoji4]

But wouldn’t the mesh wick liquid out of the cotton, and it would vapourise right off the mesh? I think this might be @Largo ‘s intention. Obviously I’m assuming he’s burnt the mesh and oxidised it first to stop it conducting. I have very little experience of mesh, so have no idea whether it would work, but will be interested to see.

@Largo , tell us how it’s puffing!

If your coil was ni80 or SS and mesh was kanthal then yeah it would take longer to heat the mesh but the vape wouldn't be the same at the power level you wanted and you could achieve the same results using just cotton and turning the power down but if the mesh is the same metal as the coil then the difference would be negligible at best I would have thought but I've got nothing to do (other than getting drunk) so I'll get a build put together to test the theory [emoji4]
Thank you .... I appreciate the explanation. :2thumbsup:

Though might be a good idea to do the testing and the drinking on different evenings ...... ? :D

But wouldn’t the mesh wick liquid out of the cotton, and it would vapourise right off the mesh? I think this might be @Largo ‘s intention. Obviously I’m assuming he’s burnt the mesh and oxidised it first to stop it conducting. I have very little experience of mesh, so have no idea whether it would work, but will be interested to see.

@Largo , tell us how it’s puffing!
Mesh don't wick any quicker than cotton though if anything cotton wicks quicker and the mesh touching the coil will heat the same as the coil if not quicker if it's finer metal than the coil [emoji4]

I might try this at some point and see if it works, since @Largo isnt spilling the beans.

@mattyk2010 , I reckon if the mesh is oxidised, and it’s rolled think enough round the cotton, the mesh will wick the liquid out the cotton and it will vapourise from the mesh. The mesh won’t get as hot as the coil wire because it’s not conductive any more. It will heat up, but conduction will mean it will be hottest where it touches the coil and cooler at the cotton, possibly preventing it gunking up, or at least gunning up as much. With the added advantage of the nice clean flavour from the mesh.

Mesh don't wick any quicker than cotton though if anything cotton wicks quicker and the mesh touching the coil will heat the same as the coil if not quicker if it's finer metal than the coil [emoji4]

Hmm, maybe. I don’t know enough about science to be honest. I thought it would stay cooler about the cotton.

If you do, report back @mattyk2010 . I’d do it but I’m halfway into a bottle of wine and am also laid up with chronic lazyitis.
Hmm, maybe. I don’t know enough about science to be honest. I thought it would stay cooler about the cotton.
I might try this at some point and see if it works, since @Largo isnt spilling the beans.

@mattyk2010 , I reckon if the mesh is oxidised, and it’s rolled think enough round the cotton, the mesh will wick the liquid out the cotton and it will vapourise from the mesh. The mesh won’t get as hot as the coil wire because it’s not conductive any more. It will heat up, but conduction will mean it will be hottest where it touches the coil and cooler at the cotton, possibly preventing it gunking up, or at least gunning up as much. With the added advantage of the nice clean flavour from the mesh.
Mate as @Crewella says I should do the tests when im not pissed so I I'll get tests done in morning and definitely report back to the thread before dinner time [emoji4]

Few details
The mesh was burned and oxidized with hydrogen peroxide.The small shorts were quickly eliminated.
My liquid is 80VG/14AD/6PG(nicotine). No aromatizers, only clear base.
I did not feel any radical changes in the quality of puffs. While I was using about 4 ml of liquid. I keep watching.
The ideology of my experiment: why not try, if it is possible to do this?:)2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom