What's new

The mesh in the classical RTA

Largo

Postman
The mesh in the classical RTA

Siren2 24 mm. Fused Clapton on the mesh tube.
I hope the mesh will reduce the burning of cotton.
Do you think it is right?

upload_2018-10-20_21-49-32.png

You would probably be better off with some fine NI80 flat wire as it would heat the mesh quicker.
Still not sure it would work though.
You'll have to let us know how it vapes for the good of all ape kind obvs.

Just buy better cotton or wick better [emoji23] never had a problem of burning the cotton in a RTA if I was honest [emoji4]

You would probably be better off with some fine NI80 flat wire as it would heat the mesh quicker.
Still not sure it would work though.
You'll have to let us know how it vapes for the good of all ape kind obvs.

Folk use mesh for wicks in mtl tanks, never heard of them using flat wire. Regular wire works fine.

@mattyk2010 I think the op is hoping he’ll rarely ever have to rewick, as the mesh will wick the liquid from the cotton by keep most of the heat away from it, preventing it getting gunked up.

Folk use mesh for wicks in mtl tanks, never heard of them using flat wire. Regular wire works fine.

@mattyk2010 I think the op is hoping he’ll rarely ever have to rewick, as the mesh will wick the liquid from the cotton by keep most of the heat away from it, preventing it getting gunked up.
I've used Genny's back in the day Zouzou before I turned into a hooligan vaper so I see the idea I just don't think it's the best idea as the cotton if wicked wrong will burn in the centre regardless of the mesh been there or not [emoji4]

It’sthe opposite way round as well from how some people wick old tanks, with mesh to get the liquid out the tank then cotton in the coil.

It’sthe opposite way round as well from how some people wick old tanks, with mesh to get the liquid out the tank then cotton in the coil.
I think they is no right way to mix mesh and cotton if I was honest, mesh has its place for amazing MTL tanks and I don't think this is the right way to use it, the mesh will achieve the same temperature as the coil if not a greater temperature so the wick will still burn if wicked the same as a previous build, I know you don't agree with "premium" cotton but for high power they is better cotton that does not burn in the centre of your coil with poor wicking issues so to me I'd sooner buy that than normal cotton and mesh and fuck about making a tiny slug to only have a cotton taste at the end of it with the same poor wicking but I'm lazy I guess [emoji23]

I think they is no right way to mix mesh and cotton if I was honest, mesh has its place for amazing MTL tanks and I don't think this is the right way to use it, the mesh will achieve the same temperature as the coil if not a greater temperature so the wick will still burn if wicked the same as a previous build, I know you don't agree with "premium" cotton but for high power they is better cotton that does not burn in the centre of your coil with poor wicking issues so to me I'd sooner buy that than normal cotton and mesh and fuck about making a tiny slug to only have a cotton taste at the end of it with the same poor wicking but I'm lazy I guess [emoji23]

I’m sure I read that somebody wicked their dvarw with mesh, with cotton plugs at the ends between the mesh and the juice holes. I tried a mesh wick in it but it was murder trying to get it to fit right, worked great very briefly then leaked all over the table!

That's what I thought, but I've not tried it so wasn't sure. I have seen people mix mesh and cotton, but not for the reasons the OP says they're doing it? I guess it might take longer to heat up?

Back
Top Bottom