What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The Downside of Vaping

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
I came across a picture of me vaping back in the old days.

I've been shocked to discover that vaping has made me lose all my hair and loaded on at least 172 more stone. Vaping made me fat and bald. Grr.

Pretty sure it's what is sending me grey too.

I want my shit hair back :/

Photo on 03-06-2015 at 17.52.jpg

No. No that can't be right.

I was supposed to be Peter Pan like.

HAHA - me too love, me too but unfortunately we are not so lucky!

At least we have our personalities! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry but had to say that, I used to hate it when people used to say to me, are you are on the big side but you have a pretty face and a great personality.......F right off with that shit!

In fact, thinking about it, my fashion sense was better prior to vaping too.

Who would ever wear a shockingly shit shirt like this?

Fat, bald, badly dressed and stupid. Anyone else been blighted by the vapes?

V-_aN7RR_400x400.jpeg

I can tick all those boxes.

and add an extra one - I regularly use tube mechs covered with skull, wraith, demons, zombie splatter paint etc, and as a feeble bewildered guy in his mid 60s look as menacing as a lettuce leaf. I'd look slightly less stupid if my gear had Hello Kitty plastered all over it.

I can tick all those boxes.

and add an extra one - I regularly use tube mechs covered with skull, wraith, demons, zombie splatter paint etc, and as a feeble bewildered guy in his mid 60s look as menacing as a lettuce leaf. I'd look slightly less stupid if my gear had Hello Kitty plastered all over it.
We should form a support group

AAUvwngvStlHh8aiKYFb7mx6veEkTRURV0w1pYjzk0e7=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Here are the measures that you must take in order to wear a man bun while balding. I cannot emphasize enough that you must follow these measures, otherwise you will go bald faster than your genes have maliciously programmed for you.

• The minimum length to grow a man bun for balding men is 12 inches.
  • Avoid the top knot hairstyle at all costs; it’s just not worth it.
  • When tying your man bun, do not pull hard. Softly grab your hair and tie a loose (albeit secured) bun.
  • Just as you finish tying your manbun, release some tension from the follicles on the front by softly pulling the hair from these follicles against the bun and towards the follicles. This will automatically release some tension from the follicles and loosen up the locks of hair from those follicles which are being held in the bun.
  • Do not wear a man bun every day. Give your follicles some days to rest. Once every other day is a good frequency. This means that you use the man bun one day, the next day you don’t and then you start the cycle again.
  • Use a styling cream or a leave-in conditioner when tying your man bun. Coat your hair first with it and then proceed to tie the bun. See our man bun hair products guide for the recommended styling cream and leave-in conditioner that will become your allies when it comes to looking after your manbun and your mane.
  • Use minoxidil daily. Minoxidil is an anti hair-loss chemical that is used in products such as Rogaine to tame, stop or even regrow lost hair. You should be already using a minoxidil product if you’re balding, but you simply must use it if you’re going to be wearing manbuns.
  • Clean up your diet and take a couple of supplements. Eat healthy and increase your intake of vitamin A and C as well as zinc and omega-3 fatty acids (found in fish oil or cod liver oil). You should always ask your doctor or dermatologist first, but these nutrients (in supplement form) will help you to keep your hair follicles strong.
  • Avoid pulling your hair by any other means such as combing your hair or getting your hair caught up in your jacket. Throw the comb in the trash can and be a bit more pro-active avoiding situation where your hair may be caught into things.
Wear a man bun if you’re balding but be careful
I really cannot stress this enough: you have to be careful if you’re balding and you want to have a man bun. Religiously follow the measures listed above and try to wear your long hair down (i.e. untied) for most of the time. Likewise, avoid braiding your hair or putting it in cornrows (this will kill your hairline even faster than a top knot can!).

So there you have it folks, a guide to grow and wear a man bun even if you’re balding. Follow the above measures as I welcome you to our man-bun ranks, brother!

Back
Top Bottom