What's new

Taste 50ml omg plus Dr Salt shot vs 10ml 3mg pre mixed

Pablo Vaper

Initiate
Hi fellow vapers,

Might be a really silly question, but hey.

Quit smoking last year and I'm fully fledged vape life. Feel great and love fellow vapers enthusiasm towards all things vape.

Fell in love with French dude vape juice 3mg. Frustrated at price of 3 x 10ml I decided to purchase 50ml 0mg and add 10ml 18mg Dr Salt mix shot to mix. First time ever and I feel like it may be my last. The taste is completely different and nothing like original 10ml 3mg shop bought.

Have I done something wrong????
Used 10ml 18mg into 50ml 0mg shook it up several times. Let it rest for a while. Even let it sit over night in a cupboard. Tried leaving lid off for an hour and still nothing like the original. Using same mod and tank I've always used (smok al85 baby beast tank with q2 coils or cleitoh aspire 120)

Is this normal? Am I resigned to spending lots of money on pre made juices????

Not tried the Dr Salt nic shots but the change in nic will probably affect the flavour, plus it might need a bit of steeping time. Nic salts are different to the usual nic so that would be the first thing I would try while you are waiting for the other mix to mature a bit and see if the flavour changes at all. The other thing, which will cost you a bit of money too, is to find another flavour or two you like. Short fills are massively cheaper than the nic containing juices so start shopping around and find some others that you like. This way you will have more juices you enjoy so can swap around a bit more and you will be saving some cash too.

I normally use 20mg nicotine salt ‘shots’ with short fills and don’t find any difference in flavour. Just feel like I get more of a satisfied nic hit abit quicker. I was a massive fan of French dude pre TPD but after vaping litres of the stuff I got sick of it. Recently got a short fill bottle and even after 2 weeks of steeping it still doesn’t taste like it used to. Might be me as taste is very subjective but I’ve found a lot of my old pre TPD favourites which are available in short fills do not taste like they used to!

I normally use 20mg nicotine salt ‘shots’ with short fills and don’t find any difference in flavour. Just feel like I get more of a satisfied nic hit abit quicker. I was a massive fan of French dude pre TPD but after vaping litres of the stuff I got sick of it. Recently got a short fill bottle and even after 2 weeks of steeping it still doesn’t taste like it used to. Might be me as taste is very subjective but I’ve found a lot of my old pre TPD favourites which are available in short fills do not taste like they used to!
interesting. as i said ive never tried nic salts but i guess as your using 20mg it will make your juice just over 3mg in strength but that still should not make no difference to the original taste.
have to agree though that some short fills dont taste exactly the same as pre tpd juice which was already mixed with nic.
i wonder if there is quite a bit of difference in the various nicotine used around the world which of course then would have a difference to each user using a different make of nic shot.

interesting. as i said ive never tried nic salts but i guess as your using 20mg it will make your juice just over 3mg in strength but that still should not make no difference to the original taste.
have to agree though that some short fills dont taste exactly the same as pre tpd juice which was already mixed with nic.
i wonder if there is quite a bit of difference in the various nicotine used around the world which of course then would have a difference to each user using a different make of nic shot.

Been using nicotine salts quite regularly now. A lot of the element 20mg stuff in MTL set ups I’ve been using is very nice. Super smooth and you get that oh so lovely nic hit like you do from an actual cig. And I’m glad it’s not just me that’s noticed short fills of pre TPD stuff doesn’t taste the same. Thought I was going mad!

I don't know how much it would affect the flavour in a 3mg mix but I vaped some different 18mg nic shots neat the other week (trying to decide which I was going to use in the future) and one of them wasn't very nice (tasted a bit fishy to me) and the other 3 I tried all tasted slightly different.

If it's not marked as shortfill in an oversized bottle it wont be over flavoured to account for 20% of zero flavour juice being added.

As previously stated I'd look a regular nic shots. Look for a quality nic shot and try to match the vg/pg ratio overall to the original.
The nic salts juices I've tried before do taste slightly different to there regular nic counterparts.

Not tried the Dr Salt nic shots but the change in nic will probably affect the flavour, plus it might need a bit of steeping time. Nic salts are different to the usual nic so that would be the first thing I would try while you are waiting for the other mix to mature a bit and see if the flavour changes at all. The other thing, which will cost you a bit of money too, is to find another flavour or two you like. Short fills are massively cheaper than the nic containing juices so start shopping around and find some others that you like. This way you will have more juices you enjoy so can swap around a bit more and you will be saving some cash too.

Thank you for your info.

One of the many reasons I love vaping aside from the amazing flavours. It's the passion from fellow vapers, can easily lose an discussing vape life .

I'm new to vape world since July 2017. 10ml 3mg pre mixed French dude is amazing. Gutted I've got a 50ml that smells and tastes nothing like the original. Wondering after reading all replies whether it is the salt mix shot or perhaps a new recipie????

A friend asked if I looked at pg/vg ratio of the shot before I put it in??? Said it could alter flavour or balance of the juice.

I'm letting it steep in a dark cupboard and take it day by day. Might have to write it off to experience and move on.

Anyone have any suggestions on best mix shot to use on 50ml bottles of 0mg to bring it to 3mg without compromising flavour?

Back
Top Bottom