What's new

Syringe measurements

Not complicated at all as most of us use liquid calculators with the specific gravities defined.

Whereas faffing about with, say 4% of a certain flavouring in a 30ml mix, and having to use a syringe to measure 1.2ml is a right pain. More than a 1ml syringe, and hard to be accurate with a bigger one.

The 3ml braun syringes are perfect for most applications. As accurate as the cheap 1ml ones, and fit onto the nozzles of most concentrate bottles. And I never have a need to measure more than 3ml of concentrate.

The 3ml braun syringes are perfect for most applications. As accurate as the cheap 1ml ones, and fit onto the nozzles of most concentrate bottles. And I never have a need to measure more than 3ml of concentrate.
Sometimes I have to measure VG with and without nicotine, PG with and without nicotine, in order to make up 20ml of my own nic-shot in strengths higher than 18mg/ml, in order to top up 100ml shortfills with a final mix higher than 3mg/ml, at a given VG/PG ratio.

There's a lot more than 3ml of some of those going in. It's a doddle with scales, takes just a moment to do, no mess, no washing up.

@speedfreek67 I mix big bottles of 12mg 50/50 base and then just use that to add to 50 and 60ml bottles with concentrates. I don’t measure the base mix into the bottles, only the concentrates. To mix the base I use large measuring cylinders. I get that this method of mixing probably wouldn’t suit many, or even most folk, mind. But for my requirements it’s perfect.

If id have been off work today I'd have probably been roped into another of @zouzounaki 's pointless discussions.
All i can say if for someone that works for a living I'm a little envious of his job cos it allows for the time he spends on here.
BTW what do you do for a living @zouzounaki and are there any jobs going at your place?

I spend fair bit of time on buses and trains. Although that will probably be changing soon. Well, it was good while it lasted.

Yup, it's horses for courses, everyone has different likes and needs. You don't need larger than 3ml syringes and only use muji or labo puffs, I weigh various volumes from 1 point something ml up to 15 point something ml, and use cotton that's easy for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom