What's new

Syringe measurements

tobaccodave

Postman
New to mixing and syringes
In the photo would that be a measurement of 1ml?
And do the markings account for liquid in the tip of the syringe?
IMG_20190612_161555.jpeg

New to mixing and syringes
In the photo would that be a measurement of 1ml?
And do the markings account for liquid in the tip of the syringe?View attachment 193730
That is a 1ml and no it won't account for the tip only from the first black line to the bottom one but the amount where talking won't make or brake your recipe or nic content so just discount it or mix by weight [emoji4]

Ok so 1ml syringe currently measured at in the pic at 0.1ml but because the tip is not accounted for its probably about 0.12.

Would that be right?

@mattyk2010 it accounts for the tip in that what’s left in the tip won’t come out until you clean it out.

@tobaccodave just measure precisely to the amount you need. When you empty it into the the bottle what’s in the tip will stay there:

Ok so 1ml syringe currently measured at in the pic at 0.1ml but because the tip is not accounted for its probably about 0.12.

Would that be right?
It would be somewhere close to 0.12 yeah but that's if you get all the liquid out the bugger too

@mattyk2010 it accounts for the tip in that what’s left in the tip won’t come out until you clean it out.

@tobaccodave just measure precisely to the amount you need. When you empty it into the the bottle what’s in the tip will stay there:
Yeah I know it's discounted because it won't come out [emoji6] but either way it's not gonna change anything unless where talking condensed milk to a ml of juice [emoji1]

Ok thanks I'm glad I asked, never thought about the liquid staying in the tip.

Is it safe to rinse the syringe after each use and reuse the again?

Ok thanks I'm glad I asked, never thought about the liquid staying in the tip.

Is it safe to rinse the syringe after each use and reuse the again?
Yeah it's fine mate and if you paint the numbers with your better halfs clear nail varnish you can get a few months out of them [emoji6]

Looks to me like a 1ml syringe, so that measurement is what it says ... 0.1ml

Disregard whatever is left in the tip, when you dose out the fluid the plunger will only displace 0.1ml. Whatever is in the tip stays in the tip.

Yes, you can rinse and reuse, but take care not to lose the markings when wiping ... best leave them to air dry.
If you use a syringe for nicotine, keep it dedicated solely to nicotine. Same for very strong flavours like anise.

Back
Top Bottom