What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Strange jaw pain since vaping.....

Rexer

Postman
I have been off the stinks for just over 8 weeks now and around 3 weeks ago i started getting a slight clicking/crunching in my jaw on the left side just as my teeth were meshing.

Bit strange i thought, but didn't really think about it too much until a few days later as it was now very painful to close my teeth together.

So off to the dentist and she reckoned that my broken back tooth that's been like it for 20 years might be infected so gave me a weeks course of strong antibiotics to clear any infection.

Still hurting like a bitch when i close my teeth together so i start the googling to find out why i was in pain.

I came across a condition called TMJ, something to do with the jaw joint not being lined up proper and causing pain so this gets me thinking, what am i doing now that i wasn't doing before the pain....VAPING

I know i had a bit of a problem with PG so now vaping 50/50 and so far no problem with it but why the fucking jaw pain?

Then i started thinking about what my jaw is doing while taking a drag and realised that i am taking much much bigger drags on the e cigs than i did on the rollies...i wonder.

Anyone else had anything similar?

I also just read about how the body breaks down PG and i think it comes out of your lungs as CO2, any that doesn't get out possibly becomes lactose acid that i also read can cause some muscle problems....?

Could i have found the problem without the need for my dentist to insist she rips out the tooth or drills the shit out of it and charging me an arm and leg for the privilage

What say you ?

I sometimes get a sort of lock-jaw feeling, I get it on and off for a few days at a time and have done for years, and it hasn't changed since vaping. I always seem to get it if my diet has been crap and I've been battering the bevy like a madman possessed. Does this fit at all?

I have had TMJ since my teen years, its actually gotten better since I started vaping :P

So off to the dentist and she reckoned that my broken back tooth that's been like it for 20 years might be infected so gave me a weeks course of strong antibiotics to clear any infection.

What say you ?

I say that it has a 99% probability of having something to do with your dental care and a 0.99% chance of having something to do with how you sleep.

And a 100% probability that this will get trawled by Google for another one of those dumb research projects looking at the hidden dangers of vaping.

Are you using automatic or manual batteries, you have to take a longer harder draw on an automatic which may be the problem

I've also got TMJ at the moment, my jaw started clicking really loudly a few weeks ago and now have pain if I open my mouth. Mine is much worse in the morning so I'm thinking that since I stopped smoking I've been grinding my teeth while I sleep, much more likely than a vaping thing.
Before putting an issue down to vaping it's also worth considering that you've stopped smoking and your body will react to those toxins being stopped

dentist.jpg

hi I have had tmj for bloody years, the dentist told me to do an exercise when it flares up, it works every time:
1. relax the jaw, teeth slightly apart, run your tongue from front of palette to as far back as you can
2. when at the back keep tongue there, open your jaw wide for a count of 8
3. relax
4. repeat 3 times, do not do more it causes more problems.
4. do it for 3 or 4 days and it will go.
I have been using this technique for years.

It works the jaw muscles are locking and contracting, do not eat hard things like nuts, hard crispy bread, or things you need to chew on hard for a few days, If I eat loads of nuts I get it, it probably has nothing to do with vaping.
This was way before I vaped, it can happen if you are stressed and grinding your teeth at night for example.
Hope this helps :)

Thanks guys. Using a manual. Mine is the opposite, it only hurts when biting down and does not hurt for about 5 minutes after I wake up. The funny enough its not as bad tonight

Thanks izzy11 I'll give that exercise a try for a few days. I'm off to see my GP on Weds anyway and will see what he reckons too but given I already take 360mg of codeine a day for chronic pain I doubt he'll be able to do much.

Back
Top Bottom