What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Stock Coil / Pod recommendation

Simebaby

Postman
Hi All
I'm very much an MTL RTA convert, but I'm thinking I ought to pick up either a stock coil tank or a pod for when I'm out and about, and can't take a bunch of rewicking kit with me.
Flavour is king for me. I have a Nautilus GT which takes the BVC coils, is there anything better out there?
Ideally something that can cope with 70:30 juice so I can use the RTA stock rather than having to buy separate.
Don't mind if it's pod or coils, just something that would be easy to change if it needed changing in the pub.
Battery life - as high as possible. I can easily drain a full 18650 on a night out.
TIA
Si

Have a look at

Aspire Prime X
Vaporesso Xros 2
Eleaf iSolo Air
Voopoo seal

I have a giveaway on the go at the moment. Have a look as there is a few kits on there that maybe suitable.

Not sure if u have access as not sure how long u have been in here

Cheers

Just a couple of questions back...

Which 18650 are you using?

What power are you running?

How much juice do you go through on one of those nights out?

Most pod kits with integrated batteries seem to average 1000 to 1500mAh cells, which is approximately half of the common 18650s, so you'd run out of electricity much sooner, and not be able to drop in another cell.

It's usual, at least with the poddiest pods, that they're quite restricted when it comes to power options too.

Out and about I just put my RTA onto a smaller/lighter mod (pico, swag II or something like that) I've never needed to re-wick at the pub! Honestly I think you have more chance of an issue arising with a pod or stock coil, either the battery running out too fast or a stock coil that isn't 'right' and messes up quickly.

How about buying a spare RTA, that you can keep coiled and wicked ready to go, so it won't need changing while you are out? Unless you are changing your wick every few hours I'm not really seeing the issue you are worrying about?

..... if you are just worrying about your building skills letting you down (which is understandable, it took me a while before I was happy to just walk out the house with something I'd coiled and wicked myself) I think you may as well stick with your Nautilus, I don't think there's anything significantly better.

You could try a Zlide/zenith or a Freemax 22 MTL (forget exactly what it's called) ... either of those would give you a different vape, which you might prefer?

If an 18650 doesn't last you an evening out then your best bet is either to buy a padded Eva case and carry a spare 18650 or buy a single 21700 mod and put a 5,000mah Molicel P50 in it. Just like @pdg mentioned - small stock coil MTL kits tend to use small lipo cells - if an 18650 doesn't last long enough these will have the same problem.

As for stock coil MTL tanks - sorry I don't have a clue, but personally I'd go for a tank with a 510 so you aren't restricted to which mod you can use it on.

Just a couple of questions back...

Which 18650 are you using?
I’ve wrapped them and can’t remember which is which, but Sonys - either 3000MAh or 3500MAh depending on which pair I’ve got on the go.

What power are you running?
Between 13-15w

How much juice do you go through on one of those nights out?
At least a couple of tanks in a Nevermore, which I think is 3.5ml - so around 7ml total.

I do wonder if my consumption is high generally - during the day, WFH, I’ll have a tank pretty much sewed to my gob. Easily do 2-3 tanks in the Nevermore and a couple of Hasturs - so around 17-20ml. In the pub I will stealth it if I can, and cane it between venues.

I do vape 3mg juice though, which I suspect is part of it.

..... if you are just worrying about your building skills letting you down (which is understandable, it took me a while before I was happy to just walk out the house with something I'd coiled and wicked myself) I think you may as well stick with your Nautilus, I don't think there's anything significantly better.

You could try a Zlide/zenith or a Freemax 22 MTL (forget exactly what it's called) ... either of those would give you a different vape, which you might prefer?

I’m still “experimenting”, especially on the Nevermore and Hastur as I got these relatively recently, The only issue I have is at the moment I’m lucky if a wick lasts me more than a couple of tanks before burning. It’s not dry hits - the wick is soaked - so I’m trying to work out how to get them last longer but not compromise the flavour which is outstanding.

I was fairly content with the Nautilus tbf, but I don’t think the stock BVCs will cope with 70:30 juice. Unless you can get coils designed for that?

Taking a spare tank would work, I just have visions of it leaking all over in me pocket though.

I do wonder if my consumption is high generally - during the day, WFH, I’ll have a tank pretty much sewed to my gob. Easily do 2-3 tanks in the Nevermore and a couple of Hasturs - so around 17-20ml. In the pub I will stealth it if I can, and cane it between venues.

I do vape 3mg juice though, which I suspect is part of it.

I use 3mg juice too for MTL, and seem to average around 10ml per day - I did mix up some 9 and 12mg in an attempt to reduce consumption but it made no difference whatsoever... Not sure that's it ;)

An 18650 in my Pico lasts maybe a day and a half - but I have two on the go.

In the legend (dual 18650) it's (obviously) nearly double that - but then again I do run 8.5w...

I’m still “experimenting”, especially on the Nevermore and Hastur as I got these relatively recently, The only issue I have is at the moment I’m lucky if a wick lasts me more than a couple of tanks before burning. It’s not dry hits - the wick is soaked - so I’m trying to work out how to get them last longer but not compromise the flavour which is outstanding.

I was fairly content with the Nautilus tbf, but I don’t think the stock BVCs will cope with 70:30 juice. Unless you can get coils designed for that?

Taking a spare tank would work, I just have visions of it leaking all over in me pocket though.

If you carry a spare tank, just don't fill it - rewick it and just put about half a ml in so you can check it is good and vape it until it is practically empty before going out.

I also think the reason you are vaping like crazy is you are MTL vaping 3mg - I'd try bumping the nic ratio up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom