What's new

Steve @Tubbyengineer Funeral arrangements

Had to get a recovery truck to get me home and I have no time to get down now. Will be paying due respects to Steve at 12 and sending a silent message at 1.20.
Saw you had problems earlier. Sure the other guys & I will raise a glass for you [emoji482]

Missed the service but met Steve's mum & she was very appreciative of the donations made by POTV members & vendors & really pleased to see some of Steve's friends. Sure @daz_app will update with news on the donations & how it's going to be used. [emoji122][emoji122]

Yup his mom and sister are both lovely and the day went as well as can be expected. Was nice to see @city461 @daz_app @nwhornet and @HAZZA1962 , just the circumstances sucked. The donation Daz has begun transferring to the Southport Breath easy charity went down a storm so thanks to everyone for that, but like Mr Hornet says Daz will tell you all more.

RIP big lad. You’ve left a massive, pie shaped hole here and I still think VF is gonna be weird without him.

I posted on the whipround thread, but I'll also add a bit of info on here too.

Just a quick one to let you know that the money pool is now all closed. A fantastic total of £1030.77 was raised. (No, I don't know where the 77p came from either!)

Anyway, as promised, I spoke to the representatives from Steve's local Breathe Easy group at the funeral yesterday and they have issued me with the information to transfer the monies over. Due to Paypal being Paypal, the total fund can't go over until they have confirmed the account is legit, but this will happen in the next day or two.

View attachment 164215

Anyway, I have passed over the log on details to the treasurer and they will get it sorted at their end ready to receive.

They have been very very grateful for your donations and also raised an additional £250 on the day. I know that this money will go to support the work that the local group do, which I am sure would have made Steve very happy.

Once again, I'd like to say that the response to the whip round thread has been humbling and has put a weight of responsibility on me that I did not expect. But it is indeed a fitting tribute to the man, nay the legend, to the man we all called Tubby.

I've copied in the email that the treasurer has sent over. Further communcications will be added as and when they come in.

Cheers all and much love
Daz

Dear Daz,

I understand from Tricia Ireland, the lady with me from Breathe Easy, that you and your colleagues have collected a remarkable sum of money in memory of Steven.

I will get back over the weekend, or early next week, to give you more info on our Breathe easy Group and how we spend the money raised.

I believe your group of friends are spread far and wide. It would be good if any colleagues are local and possibly attend one of our Group Meetings at some future date.

Will contact you again soon and many many thanks again,

John Kitson
Hon. Treasurer, of the West Lancs and Southport Breathe Easy Group

Back
Top Bottom