What's new

So which RDA is the go to at the moment...?

I liked the Recurve when it came out, but the restrictive airflow frustrates me, the only new one to beat it is the Drop Solo for me, far less messy than the Recurve and better airflow control, if I was to review it I would be very hard pressed to find any faults.

The Drop Dead was a disappointment to me, probably great for dripping but crap for squonking, perhaps I haven't found the right build but there's better out there so shoved it in my for sale box.
That's surprising... I've been using it on an Aspire Feedlink squonker and it's been beautiful for me tbh. Getting the coil height right is a faff to start with, but once you hit the sweet spot ( about 3mm above the posts for me) it's a damn good RDA.

That's surprising... I've been using it on an Aspire Feedlink squonker and it's been beautiful for me tbh. Getting the coil height right is a faff to start with, but once you hit the sweet spot ( about 3mm above the posts for me) it's a damn good RDA.
Are you dripping or squonking?

I try to keep my builds around 0.2 to 0.3 ohms vaping at 60 watts (ish).

I built it with the included coils and the leg lengths of the cotton were still too long and similar to the Drop it struggled to keep up with wicking, I ended up single coiling it which was better but no wow factor like the Drop Solo which was a flavour chucker right off the bat, lower coil/wick and less power.

I have tried a few other builds on the Drop Dead and as I think you mentioned earlier the better result was a high 100 wattage build, almost as good as the Drop Solo but again the slow wicking issue spoiled it, I used it as a dripper for a bit but wrote it off in the end.

Are you dripping or squonking?

I try to keep my builds around 0.2 to 0.3 ohms vaping at 60 watts (ish).

I built it with the included coils and the leg lengths of the cotton were still too long and similar to the Drop it struggled to keep up with wicking, I ended up single coiling it which was better but no wow factor like the Drop Solo which was a flavour chucker right off the bat, lower coil/wick and less power.

I have tried a few other builds on the Drop Dead and as I think you mentioned earlier the better result was a high 100 wattage build, almost as good as the Drop Solo but again the slow wicking issue spoiled it, I used it as a dripper for a bit but wrote it off in the end.
I've been using it as a dripper around the house on my regulated mods upto 100w ish, and on a fixed wattage squonker (80w Feedlink) for out and about.

I use this build quite often -
Ni80 fused claptons, native wicks platinum
Comes out around 0.22 ish.

1544116529960.jpeg

I also have the feedlink, I might give it another try as I still have 2 beefy Ni80 Flaptons in it, is it squonking okay for you? my wicks soon sag but your's look like they are holding up well unless it's a fresh build.

for me its the profile rda so easy to wick & coil & the flavour is amazing, plus its virtualy impossible to over squonk, my second favourite is the recurve, simple to coil & good flavour though it can be easily over squonked you get use to it on certain devices., for dual coil builds i like the rda that came with the athena, nice simple deck a doddle to wick & dont leak.

I'm a Goon man, but there's not a lot between the better RDAs. The Pulse and Radar are also very good.

The only one to disappoint me was the Dead Rabbit, but others like it.

Back
Top Bottom