What's new

Smoking Free Life!!!!

Its in the beginners bit of POTV

"According to statistics, about 4% of people in the world will experience an allergic reaction with an e-liquid containing PG", although that itself doesn't say where that stat comes from.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/guides/beginners/are-you-allergic-to-pg-e-liquids.html
When I first switched to full time vaping, I would get a rash on various parts of my body. It looked like white circles around a pinkish centre. Arms, legs and torso mainly. It wasn't painful or even irritable so, like us blokes do, I swerved the Dr and powered through. After a couple of months the rash went away. Not sure if it was actually from vaping but in my tiny mind, I told myself that it was and that it just took me a while to build up some sort of tolerance to it.

Is vaping better than smoking?
e-cigarette, also known as vapourisers or vapes, allow users to inhale nicotine in vapour rather than breathing in smoke.
Unlike cigarettes, they do not burn tobacco or produce tar or carbon monoxide. However, they do contain nicotine, which is addictive but relatively harmless.
Vaping is far less harmful than smoking, experts from a number of key bodies including Cancer Research UK, Public Health England and the US National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine have concluded.
Both the NHS and Public Health England (PHE) support the use of vaping over smoking. In 2015, a report from PHE estimated vaping was 95 per cent less harmful than smoking.
Ann McNeill, professor of Tobacco Addiction at King’s College London, told The Independent: “Vaping isn’t risk free, but it’s much less risky than smoking, which kills nearly 100,000 people a year in the UK.
“If you are a smoker who is struggling to stop smoking, do try vaping and buy your products from a reputable source. And if you are a vaper, it is better to continue to vape than relapse to smoking.”
Professor John Newton, director for health improvement at PHE, said: “Vaping is not without risks. If you don’t smoke don’t vape.
“But if you smoke there is no situation where it would be better for your health to continue smoking rather than switching completely to vaping. The sooner you stop smoking completely the better.”
Cigarette smoking is the leading preventable cause of death in the US, according to the Centers for Disease Control. It kills 480,000 people each year, nearly one in five deaths.
Tobacco is also one of the major causes of death and disease in India, accounting for nearly 900,000 deaths every year. In the UK it causes nearly 80,000 deaths a year.
A major UK National Institute Health Research funded clinical trial found e-cigarettes were almost twice as effective at helping smokers to quit compared with other alternatives such as nicotine patches and gum.

I wouldn't trust everything that it's posted on the internet. There is so many fake news, I would recommend to check the credibility of the source first. My friend works for the vaping store and told me how much his business is affected by this anti-vaping propaganda and fake online news. I would not trust to everything that is posted online :23:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't trust everything that it's posted on the internet. There is so many fake news, I would recommend to check the credibility of the source first. My friend works for the vaping store and told me how much his business is affected by this anti-vaping propaganda and fake online news. I would not trust to everything that is posted online :23:
That's not a vaping shop in your link so how could it be affected by vaping news?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom